XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
Roychimac
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15 YMB F80

How to setup the home link to "learn"?

I'm trying to setup the home link and can't seem to figure out how to set it to "learn" so I can sync it with the garage. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

I think you may be having the same problem that I had. Not sure where the learning process breaks down for you but I remember that it took me multiple tries to have it set up. Try putting the remote control for your garage behind the rear view mirror as opposed to directly in front of or below it during the process.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #3
Roychimac
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15 YMB F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
I think you may be having the same problem that I had. Not sure where the learning process breaks down for you but I remember that it took me multiple tries to have it set up. Try putting the remote control for your garage behind the rear view mirror as opposed to directly in front of or below it during the process.
Got it. I placed the remote behind and pretty much touching the mirror in order for the damn thing to recognize it. Thanks!
Appreciate 0