XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #23
3Dmetalprinter
Rep
Drives: 17 M6Grand Coupe,16 535x

Dealer called me today and told me my X6m should be delivered to them by Monday! Woo hoo!
How do you guys feel about the 3M clear vinyl bra the dealer recommends, is it worth the money?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #24
udmx6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7, i3s

Great!!!

I had 3M ppf on my 550i and yes it worth the money. I recommend bikini cut on a hood , maybe full cover?

There is no pattern for 2013 X6s. I'm 100% sure but LCI X6's a front bumper, fender, hood are the same as Pre-LCI. So I think Pre-LCI X6's pattern can be used on LCI X6s.

Mine should be delivered next week. I will have Xpel instead of 3M for my X6, just wanna try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshrub View Post
Dealer called me today and told me my X6m should be delivered to them by Monday! Woo hoo!
How do you guys feel about the 3M clear vinyl bra the dealer recommends, is it worth the money?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #25
CharmerS2k
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i, 2013 X6 M-PP

New here and from reading the other post the anticipation is crazy, I have been calling BMW NA many times a day to hear the same recorded messages with hopes of hearing somethine new. The x6 is completed but waiting for transit to the port of exits. Anyone have a good idea on the duration from Spartanburgh to Orlando?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #26
Southernbelle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 35i

Mine should be delivered next week. I will have Xpel instead of 3M for my X6, just wanna try.[/QUOTE]

Will the dealer be installing the Xpel or are you having it done elsewhere? Why did you choose Xpel over 3M? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #27
udmx6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7, i3s

I will do it by myself for this time. I will post some pics.

I had 3M about 4 years ago. It is a very nice film and easy to wash especially bugs during the summer season. Most people don't know the film is applied on my car even though they see my car. However, I can tell the film,,,, it is not yellow but just turned little bit warmer, very slightly. I could see it after two and half years later.

I contacted 3M and was told that don't use carnauba wax if it is yellow. I have used Swissvax Concorso but change to Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax.

Because of the reason, I just wanna try another brand. Xpel ppf is good as 3M ppf.

I also highly recommend Proform pattern. The proform pattern covers little bit more. Proform pattern with 3M ppf or Xpel ppf is the excellent choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernbelle View Post
Will the dealer be installing the Xpel or are you having it done elsewhere? Why did you choose Xpel over 3M? Thanks!
Appreciate 0