XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
billysims
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

An interesting development in my order process...

So I take the day off and stop by the BMW dealer while running errands. I wanted to see my salesman, ask if there's any news with my order (which I placed last week of June and was to go into production either this week or next), he mentions that he thinks it got moved out. So, I'm none too happy at this point....

Then he tells me that there were a bunch of orders that got moved out to the new model year, and that instead of a 2008 X6 3.5i, I will be getting a 2009.

It only cost me 4 weeks, so it's not so bad I guess.

Should I be happy or pissed? Doesn't seem to be a big deal. Are there any differences fomr '08 to '09? I've been hearing about the new i-drive, will my car have that?

Last edited by billysims; 08-31-2008 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
MeEmZ
Doctor in the making
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 35i

probably not the new i drive but i hear there are some new options you could order

the guys here will give you more help
      08-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #3
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims View Post
So I take the day off and stop by the BMW dealer while running errands. I wanted to see my salesman, ask if there's any news with my order (which I placed last week of August and was to go into production either this week or next), he mentions that he thinks it got moved out. So, I'm none too happy at this point....

Then he tells me that there were a bunch of orders that got moved out to the new model year, and that instead of a 2008 X6 3.5i, I will be getting a 2009.

It only cost me 4 weeks, so it's not so bad I guess.

Should I be happy or pissed? Doesn't seem to be a big deal. Are there any differences fomr '08 to '09? I've been hearing about the new i-drive, will my car have that?
Folks were saying the idrive for a while but I think that's out now. The options have been changed so I think you can order leather dash now, not sure of others.

happy or pissed ? guess that depends on perspective, some folks that were waiting for the 09 model were touting resale value advantage, not sure it makes that much difference.

4 weeks is pretty good compared to some others I've read. I know I was happy to have my 08 moved up a month in production slots and then delivered to me 3 weeks early. I was really really happy after driving it for a week.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #4
JeffCBH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW X6 50i

Good news is that you are getting it pretty quickly...bad news is that all '09's are more expensive...but there are some new options/packaging....
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCBH View Post
Good news is that you are getting it pretty quickly...bad news is that all '09's are more expensive...but there are some new options/packaging....
Good point billysims are you getting the 09 at the 08 price ?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
Elevated
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06

That may have cost you about $3000. May want to check your dealer on that 09 price.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 09:09 PM   #7
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Folks were saying the idrive for a while but I think that's out now. The options have been changed so I think you can order leather dash now, not sure of others.

happy or pissed ? guess that depends on perspective, some folks that were waiting for the 09 model were touting resale value advantage, not sure it makes that much difference.

4 weeks is pretty good compared to some others I've read. I know I was happy to have my 08 moved up a month in production slots and then delivered to me 3 weeks early. I was really really happy after driving it for a week.
I don't think the resale value equation makes a lot of sense anymore since the '09 has over a $3k price increase.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 01:21 AM   #8
branko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d, X6 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevated View Post
That may have cost you about $3000. May want to check your dealer on that 09 price.
The dealer may be eager to receive that extra money
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 08:37 AM   #9
billysims
Private
Rep

Well, not sure about price. My perspective (as one would expect) is that I have a contract with a price as ordered for an '08 that they cannot deliver. So I would hope and expect that they would deliver the 09 for the same price as the contract. The salesman actually brought this up and said he'd have to "check to see if there are any price differences (mumble, mumble, yada, yada)". My repsonse was that I have a contract for this car at this price, and that I excpect the car at that price, and that we'd cross that bridge when we came to it. I sense a little bit of a struggle brewing, but not one so great as to cause an issue....
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #10
billysims
Private
Rep

And my bigger question is: unless I had stopped in to check, when would I have been informed and what would have been said? "Sir, good news and bad news: Good news: we have upgraded you to an 09. Bad news: it's moved out 4 weeks, and you you have to pay $x more".

Again, the 4 weeks delay is not a concern for me, but having to pay more than planned would be an issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #11
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Today my BMW dealer told me that new(redesign) serie 3 is going to have a new i drive from serie 7,but you have to pay 3000 euro more for navi system professional wich then includes new i drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #12
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Maybe something new happens to x6 from october 2008!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #13
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
I don't think the resale value equation makes a lot of sense anymore since the '09 has over a $3k price increase.
agree with price increase it's a wash.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #14
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims View Post
Well, not sure about price. My perspective (as one would expect) is that I have a contract with a price as ordered for an '08 that they cannot deliver. So I would hope and expect that they would deliver the 09 for the same price as the contract. The salesman actually brought this up and said he'd have to "check to see if there are any price differences (mumble, mumble, yada, yada)". My repsonse was that I have a contract for this car at this price, and that I excpect the car at that price, and that we'd cross that bridge when we came to it. I sense a little bit of a struggle brewing, but not one so great as to cause an issue....

If the dealer had a production slot for an 08 and bmw took that away then the dealer should have bmw eat it.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 11:00 AM   #15
billysims
Private
Rep

I realize I made an error in my original post, so I just changed it. I placed my order the last week of JUNE, not August, so actually I am not getting it quickly (essentially 90+ days from order). Again, I'm not concerned about that, just concerned about the looming price battle. The sales manager is a friend of a friend, so I will surely have to escalate the issue.

If I have to pay more, I will not feel good about it and it will leave a sour taste in my mouth, as I had other dealers I could have gone to. This is the one closest to my home and I get my current X5 serviced there.
Appreciate 0