XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
sergeny1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X4C

E70 Valve stems seals and engine rebuild - done right

Hello everybody....I just wanted to share my experience about getting valve seals done on E70. I bought my 2008 X5 4.8I about 18 months ago with 90K. Staring this summer the car started to show symptoms of valve seals failing – excessive oil consumption and severe smoking from the tail pipe after few minutes of idle. I knew that I have a serious problem but was terrified to find out how much it going to cost me $$$. I've seen many posts about the common valve stem seal issue with the N62 and N62TU engine.

Dealer wanted about 11K and Most INDI shops can’t do this job right. I knew about an INDI BMW master tech located in Long Island, NY that does the job for about ~$2500 BUT just changing seal valves would not be right fix BECAUSE if you don’t put new valves / gaskets / water pipe / all bolts and machine shop rebuild cylinder heads you are doing a TEMPERATELY fix.

Luckily I been going to same INDI shop for last 3 years with my E63 and now X5. After speaking with Mike - shop owner and master mechanic he agreed to do full job for about $4200. I was super happy to get this price!!!

Fast-forward to now – Car was in the shop for about 9 business days. I got it back and drove it for about 500 miles. Not a single problem. Engine sound like a brand new and pulls Hard! I love it !!! I feel very confident that my car is good for another 100K miles.

Take a look at the pictures attached and ask any questions you got about rebuild.

If you need your valve seals done go to see Mike – MP Motorsports / 347-725-4228. Shop located at Queens NY.

Getting valve seals done right is no longer an impossible task but still somewhat expensive … LOL

Cheers mates : )
Attached Images

Last edited by sergeny1; 12-03-2015 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
sergeny1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X4C

Some people asked me why I had to touch cylinder heads - Reason for rebuilding cylinder heads is because valve guides were worn and thus by just changing the seals the problem would re surface in the near future 😉
Appreciate 0