XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-12-2017, 05:42 PM   #1
TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

BSM X5M in Westwood

You making me look bad bruh!
Attached Images

10-13-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
Did you paint your calipers gold/yellow? Any more pics??

2017 C63
2012 X5M
SOLD: 2015 M3; 2007 X3 M Sport; 2014 X3 M Sport 35i; 2004 X5 4.4i; 1994 325i
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 04:15 PM   #3
TheVazha
Major
Rep

Not mine, but after seeing it, I got the bug. I'm gonna do mine, not gold, just thinking of something brighter than stock. Be done it on my Cls55, it's super easy. I'll update.

I think what would look awesome would be the yellow color that's on the Cali legacy plates. It will look sick on a murdered car. Or Lambo yellow.
      10-13-2017, 04:58 PM   #4
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M

What’s up dude! I left a note on your car, it looks amazing! As soon as I walked out to the parking lot I was like now way lol My girlfriend was like what are the chances there’s a car that looks identical to yours... and I was like I know that guy from the forums! Haha

Your car looks great man and your paint is perfect! Who do you go to for your details/ paint corrections or are you just a pro at doing swirl free car washes?

Also after seeing ours next to each other I really want a read diffuser. It makes the back end look so much more badass
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #5
TheVazha
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revnato View Post
What’s up dude! I left a note on your car, it looks amazing! As soon as I walked out to the parking lot I was like now way lol My girlfriend was like what are the chances there’s a car that looks identical to yours... and I was like I know that guy from the forums! Haha

Your car looks great man and your paint is perfect! Who do you go to for your details/ paint corrections or are you just a pro at doing swirl free car washes?

Also after seeing ours next to each other I really want a read diffuser. It makes the back end look so much more badass
Haha thanks brotha I thought yours was the one that stole the show! Super clean, love that Eisenmann!

I have a Chemical Guys kit for paint corrective detail, wife hooked it up as a Christmas gift years ago. Came as a package with a Torq polisher and everything. I'm about due for a round. I love my ride clean but the more you wash it the more it swirls. It's a never ending battle.

Let's shoot our cars. I have a legit set up and I can shoot them. It'll be overcast next week, that's when you want to shoot. Anyone else in LA should get in on it!
      10-14-2017, 07:28 AM   #6
coolmayank
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5m

Quote:
Haha thanks brotha I thought yours was the one that stole the show! Super clean, love that Eisenmann!

I have a Chemical Guys kit for paint corrective detail, wife hooked it up as a Christmas gift years ago. Came as a package with a Torq polisher and everything. I'm about due for a round. I love my ride clean but the more you wash it the more it swirls. It's a never ending battle.

Let's shoot our cars. I have a legit set up and I can shoot them. It'll be overcast next week, that's when you want to shoot. Anyone else in LA should get in on it!
If you can give more information about the detailing package, what exactly they do. Also do you guys ever get your engine bay steam cleaned . You should have taken more pics of the cars together
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #7
dssmith
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5M

Your cars look great! Don't see many of these around. I have a '12 X5M Jerez Black in Orange County. Let me know if you end up getting together, I'd like to get in on that.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 07:42 PM   #8
TheVazha
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssmith View Post
Your cars look great! Don't see many of these around. I have a '12 X5M Jerez Black in Orange County. Let me know if you end up getting together, I'd like to get in on that.
Awesome!

Yeah the whole thing was great. I pulled in to my gym parking lot and parked right where I like to park is another "obnoxious" X5M, in the same color combo slammed on wheels with exhaust. I mean, what are the chances?

Seeing another one made me realize how special these cars are. You get all the performance of a large sport sedan but in an SUV package. And the just look so vulgar with that big ass and those stupid oversized rear tires. I love this ride for sure.

Let's get a shoot going. Rev, I remember I read you have a good cam set up too, we can do some damage here. Let's pick a date sometime in the future and see if we can get a small group together for some quality shots.

As far as the paint corrective detail, I'll do my ride in the next couple of weeks and document the process. There's a ton of you tube vids on it especially by Chemical Guys but it doesn't even need to be as intense as they're doing it. They get crazy because they're selling a product, my set up gets the job done with out all the micro details.
      10-14-2017, 09:21 PM   #9
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Nice ride you have there! It's hard to tell from the pic, but did you install mud flaps on the rear? Opinions? I thinking about getting a set front & rear. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 09:27 PM   #10
TheVazha
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeO View Post
Quote:
Nice ride you have there! It's hard to tell from the pic, but did you install mud flaps on the rear? Opinions? I thinking about getting a set front & rear. Thanks.
None in the rear but the car came with the fronts. What's really wild is how much crap I have to clean off the inside of them when I do the car. To think all that stuff would be on the paint is scary.
Attached Images

10-14-2017, 10:18 PM   #11
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Cool thanks! Can't wait for the paint correction detail write-up. Mine could use one too...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #12
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not mine, but after seeing it, I got the bug. I'm gonna do mine, not gold, just thinking of something brighter than stock. Be done it on my Cls55, it's super easy. I'll update.

I think what would look awesome would be the yellow color that's on the Cali legacy plates. It will look sick on a murdered car. Or Lambo yellow.
I have mine going in this friday to get them painted in Phoenix Yellow, which is the same color as the M Performance brake kit. I think it'll look badass

2017 C63
2012 X5M
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #13
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Photos of your calipers!!

2017 C63
2012 X5M
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #14
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Let's definitely get a shoot in sometime! I have a Canon 6d with a 50mm 1.4 lens that I shoot most of my stuff with. Nothing too crazy, but it takes some pretty sharp pics. I'm usually free on weekends so lets aim to get something setup by the end of the month, I think it'd be badass to get a few x5ms in there!

As far as calipers go, heres a close up pic of them. I've always liked to contrast colors on my cars, I think it adds more character to it. Black and yellow is a pretty classic color combo that never goes out of fashion in my opinion
Attached Images

Pure Stage 2 Turbos / JB4 / BPM tuned / Catless DPs / PTP Turbo Blanket / RK Intkakes / Eisnemann Sport / M Performance lip / IND Blackout / KWV3 Coilovers / MV Forged ML10 / Pirelli Pzeros / LED Headlights
Appreciate 2
Naz241627.50
UnicornM387.00
      10-19-2017, 12:34 PM   #15
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Heres another of the full car. Unfortuantely here in CA we have to run a front plate or else you get bombarded with "no front plate" tickets. I think I had around 10 of them before I finally gave in and put a front plate on. Luckily we have the option to get a black and yellow plate haha so its all good I guess.
Attached Images

Pure Stage 2 Turbos / JB4 / BPM tuned / Catless DPs / PTP Turbo Blanket / RK Intkakes / Eisnemann Sport / M Performance lip / IND Blackout / KWV3 Coilovers / MV Forged ML10 / Pirelli Pzeros / LED Headlights
Appreciate 2
protecon193.00
UnicornM387.00
      10-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #16
TheVazha
Major
Rep

Quote:
Heres another of the full car. Unfortuantely here in CA we have to run a front plate or else you get bombarded with "no front plate" tickets. I think I had around 10 of them before I finally gave in and put a front plate on. Luckily we have the option to get a black and yellow plate haha so its all good I guess.
Dude I went to do my reg on my old E55 and had to pay $1600 because of front plate tickets I just never paid. It's brutal out here. The girl at the counter literally ask me "what the f--- is wron witch you?" Lol

I'm working with a Nikon and I have a 10-24 wide angle lens that gets those crazy pano shots. Plus I can do magic in post so yeah I think we can get some clean shots. Sundays are best for me. November 4th anyone? Should be plenty of time for you local guys to get cleaned up by then.
      10-19-2017, 01:21 PM   #17
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Dude I went to do my reg on my old E55 and had to pay $1600 because of front plate tickets I just never paid. It's brutal out here. The girl at the counter literally ask me "what the f--- is wron witch you?" Lol

I'm working with a Nikon and I have a 10-24 wide angle lens that gets those crazy pano shots. Plus I can do magic in post so yeah I think we can get some clean shots. Sundays are best for me. November 4th anyone? Should be plenty of time for you local guys to get cleaned up by then.
Seriously man the parking nazis out here are relentless when it comes to front plates. It got to the point where I'd walk out to my car and be surprised when I didn't have one lol

November 4th sounds great to me! I'll start thinking of spots we can go to shoot
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 01:38 PM   #18
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
AWESOME!

I'm getting mine painted in Phoenix Yellow tomorrow, this just finalized my decision

2017 C63
2012 X5M
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 03:44 PM   #19
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naz24 View Post
AWESOME!

I'm getting mine painted in Phoenix Yellow tomorrow, this just finalized my decision
Badass! You're gonna love it makes the car pop so much
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 05:07 PM   #20
BoostedNYC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC - Marina Bay Blue

Quote:
Love the look!

U on coils?
      10-19-2017, 10:58 PM   #21
Revnato
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedNYC View Post
Love the look!

U on coils?
Thanks man! Yeah I'm on KWV3s
Appreciate 0