XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
Habanero950
Rep
Drives: 2010 x6 5.0

Dinan ECU Compatability

Folks, ran into a recent problem and am wondering if any one else has had a similiar problem..
Drive a 5.0 ordered with the 7 RR option, had the Dinan software and exhaust package installed in October by Galleria BMW in Boston, ran fantastic. So I decided to have the BMW hitch installed so I could tow my toys.
The physical install went well, the problem was the software install that recognized the lights , deactivated the backup alarm, etc.
The problem is this installed the latest BMW ECU software and after reloading the Dinan tune the new software rejected the Dinan tune. No engine malfunction light just 50 MPH mas speed and 10 minutes to get there. What a let down. Dinan and Galleria are still trying to figure it out.
Any one else with this latest problem with BMW trying shut down any ECU modifications???
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero950 View Post
Folks, ran into a recent problem and am wondering if any one else has had a similiar problem..
Drive a 5.0 ordered with the 7 RR option, had the Dinan software and exhaust package installed in October by Galleria BMW in Boston, ran fantastic. So I decided to have the BMW hitch installed so I could tow my toys.
The physical install went well, the problem was the software install that recognized the lights , deactivated the backup alarm, etc.
The problem is this installed the latest BMW ECU software and after reloading the Dinan tune the new software rejected the Dinan tune. No engine malfunction light just 50 MPH mas speed and 10 minutes to get there. What a let down. Dinan and Galleria are still trying to figure it out.
Any one else with this latest problem with BMW trying shut down any ECU modifications???
Yes I had a similar problem. 2011 X6 50i. installed the performance aero package firtst, new bmw software was installed to correct foglight error message, since foglights are gone with aero package. after that dinan software was being rejected. finally a dinan tech had to physically call and be on the line while bmw techs finally managed to get it installed. someone at dinan def know about this issue. the problem is when the lateste bmw software goes in first dinan is hard to install
good luck
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #3
Habanero950
Rep
Drives: 2010 x6 5.0

Dinan ECU Compatability & MPG

Thanks Scottjays, will forward this info, although they should know.
One other thing and that is with the mileage.
With the 7rr before tune I averaged on trips @ 80 mph, 18-18.5MPG.
With Dinan tune I averaged 16.5 MPG.
Now with latest BMW software and no 7rr as its no longer availible, I average 15.0 on same trip, 200 miles +/-.
Is this progress??
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero950 View Post
Thanks Scottjays, will forward this info, although they should know.
One other thing and that is with the mileage.
With the 7rr before tune I averaged on trips @ 80 mph, 18-18.5MPG.
With Dinan tune I averaged 16.5 MPG.
Now with latest BMW software and no 7rr as its no longer availible, I average 15.0 on same trip, 200 miles +/-.
Is this progress??
I am averaging 14.5-15 mpg. the only time I saw 19+ was the first time I picked her up at factory and drove S.Carolina to Florida straight thru. 70mph avg. I do 70/30 city/hwy driving. the dinan is def more noticable than stock
scott
Appreciate 0