XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Roadside Assistance!?!? (Resticted Roads)

I hit a pothole last night on the Bronx River Parkway and needless to say, because of the aftermarket wheels and tires I have, I instantly bent a rim and the tire went flat on me. Pulled over to the shoulder, tried to use the air compressor to give me just enough to make it to the next exit, (couldn't tell if the rim was bent yet because it was dark out) but of course... no go.

Hit the SOS button and got in touch with BMW Roadside Assistance, and started going through the motions. The people I spoke to through SOS were definitely courteous and proffessional, but ultimately couldn't provide much "assistance" because I was on a restricted road...?

To wrap up the story, I had to pay a tow truck who just happened to be passing by out of my own pocket to cover the fines. BTW, That tow service company made some good money at that spot last night, because I was on the side of the road for about a half an hour, and within that time frame, that same pothole took out 4 cars including mine, as we were swaping stories on the side of the road while we watched our cars get loaded up on the flat bed, and or waiting for someone to pick up the other drivers.

has anyone else ran into this problem with being turned down for Roadside Assistance from BMW because you just happen to be an a Restricted Road? What makes a road "Restricted"? And are these fees reimbursed by BMW if you have to pay Towing fees even though this service should be covered since we are paying for this feature when we purchased our car?

Please share any knowledge or experience regarding this matter.
      01-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Problem solved

I just wanted to let you all know that BMW Roadside Assistance responded to this thread only hours after it was posted. As I have mentioned quite a few times on many posts and threads, from my personal experiences, BMW customer service has always been top noch when it comes to accommodating me whenever an issue came up regarding my car.

I recieved an email from the BMW Roadside Assistance reps in response to this thread immediately seeking to compensate me for no being able to aide me last night because of me being on a restricted road. These guys are awesome.

It is good to know that BMW has representatives monitoring this forum so they can have first hand knowledge and insight as to what BMW owners and enthusiasts say, feel, think and desire.

Thanks again, to all of the people who represent BMW and put customer service as a priority.
      01-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
GameTheory
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X6 35i

Garage List
2012 X6  [7.00]
+1 to that.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
Mike van D
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

Great to hear!
      02-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #5
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Hey guys, just wanted to say that once again BMW customer service comes through and keeps their word.
I was finacially compensated for the towing fees I racked up from the night I caught that flat from hitting the pothole in the Bronx.
Less than 10 days after BMW reps reached out to me after I initiated this thread, I received a check for compensation of the tow truck costs to take my car off of the restricted road where I was stuck.

BMW Roadside Assistance is great!!

Just wanted to share this info.
      02-15-2012, 01:41 AM   #6
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

Very good information and it adds a real sense of satisfaction that BMW will be there and that they know how to keep the company strong by taking care of their customers.

Repeat business is what every company should be striving for, and customer service does that and also brings new business because we will tell people about it.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORD View Post
Very good information and it adds a real sense of satisfaction that BMW will be there and that they know how to keep the company strong by taking care of their customers.

Repeat business is what every company should be striving for, and customer service does that and also brings new business because we will tell people about it.
I agree 100%. Even though this is my first BMW, I have always been a fan of their cars because I have always liked the blend of sportiness and luxury they achieve time and time again... IMHO.

Since I have been dealing with BMW customer service reps for over 3 years now, i have had nothing but high quality experiences with them! because of this, I plan on sticking with BWM for years to come.

Holding out and staning fast for a full LCI of the X6 but some days it harder to remain patient that other days, lol

Well BMW got me in the door with their awesome cars... and kept me in the seat with their great customer service.
      02-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M

I'm glad it worked out for u with BMW. To answer your original question, a restricted road is pretty much every highway/parkway/expressway in NYC. Tow companies need a special permit to tow from a highway. Just another way to bang u out a little.

I'm sure it's the same in some other cities.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmoneyLI View Post
I'm glad it worked out for u with BMW. To answer your original question, a restricted road is pretty much every highway/parkway/expressway in NYC. Tow companies need a special permit to tow from a highway. Just another way to bang u out a little.

I'm sure it's the same in some other cities.
Wow. Thanks for the info. I understand now what makes a road "restricted" but that logic is disappointing. I get that the towing companies need to make their money just like the rest of us, but to claim every Parkway, expressway and highway as their own territory seems a bit over the top IMHO. Talk about cornering the market... lol