XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Color Combo Wish List

Starting to build and price out a new X6 so of course i do the online research/prep first... and of course getting feedback, insight, information and
opinions from you guys counts as research in my book.
Looking at options for the 50i and X6M but I dont have any cosmetic options that really call out to me like it did when i built my current X6 years ago.
It would seem you cannot build an X6 with the new LCI features on BMW USA just yet or am i missing something? Maybe i should go on the sight without signing in...?

Well, if i could build an X6M with this color combo with the LCI headlights and tail lights, I would be breaking down my local BMW dealership's doors when i get back to NY this weekend!
Attached Images

02-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thats Tansanite Blue with Opal white leather
      02-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Thats Tansanite Blue with Opal white leather
Yes, I find this to be a beautiful color scheme... especially when combined with the black chrome trim for the idrive control and shifter.

it is a shame that these specs can't be done on the X6 for any of the models. Even with the individual comp packages.

Does any one know what the reason is why BMW will offer certain colors for certain vehicles? I get the ///M version exclusive colors, and i agree with the///M versions having that option for unique-ness, but for what reason can you order a tansanite Blue 650i but NOT a tansanite X6? Or can it be possible to walk in and say this is what I want and the SA will say you got it, just sign here...?

When I placed the order in for my Current X6, I knew exactly what I wanted because I researched the car for months. Then When I saw a Deep Sea Blue one for the first time, I knew it was time to get one. As far as the color scheme, I knew my next car back then would be black on black, so that part was easy when talking with the SA. But now the color scheme I would pull the trigger on the minute I get off the plane this weekend, seems to be impossible to get for the car I want... unless it is possible to talk and or pay the dealer into making it happen...?

Let me know if anyone here has done something like that before. My occupation for the past 11 years has made me understand that rules are rules so I will comply with BMW USA not allowing this color combo for the X6M but for you self made people out there, if you have found a way to beat the system, please share your story. Thanks alot.
      02-23-2012, 04:00 AM   #4
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

In many countries where Individual is available there are atleast 2 paint options

1) BMW chosen "standard" Individual colors
2) Custom Individual colors

The "standard" Individual color cost more then the normal BMW colors and BMW chooses which go with which models.

Custom colors cost a LOT more, but they will paint the car in almost any color you want, not just BMW colors.

Certain factories cannot paint custom colors.
Spartanberg USA that makes the X6 can paint standard Individual colors, but I dont know if they can do Custom colors.

Find a dealer that knows about ordering Individual colors ( I know its not always easy in the USA) and get them to find out if you can order a Custom color X6.
      02-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
In many countries where Individual is available there are atleast 2 paint options

1) BMW chosen "standard" Individual colors
2) Custom Individual colors

The "standard" Individual color cost more then the normal BMW colors and BMW chooses which go with which models.

Custom colors cost a LOT more, but they will paint the car in almost any color you want, not just BMW colors.

Certain factories cannot paint custom colors.
Spartanberg USA that makes the X6 can paint standard Individual colors, but I dont know if they can do Custom colors.

Find a dealer that knows about ordering Individual colors ( I know its not always easy in the USA) and get them to find out if you can order a Custom color X6.
Thanks for this info. That answered my question because I was wondering if even if the Color combination couldn't be built on the BMW USA site, would it still be possible to order if I just asked for it.

I will talk to face to face with a sales rep some time next week to see what my options are. Thanks again!
      02-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I will talk to face to face with a sales rep some time next week to see what my options are. Thanks again!
Speak to the head of the dealership or head sales person. A lot of sales people often dont know about special orders.

And dont forget to tell us on here what they say.
      02-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #7
AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
^^ While i love this interior combo, but this completelly blows my mind:
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #8
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Speak to the head of the dealership or head sales person. A lot of sales people often dont know about special orders.

And dont forget to tell us on here what they say.
Sounds like good Advice. I will do just that. I wll definitely keep you all updated on how this goes.
      02-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC View Post
^^ While i love this interior combo, but this completelly blows my mind:
WOW... it sure is elegant... that is a special order if I have ever seen one.
Looks almost like smores, lol makin me hungry
      02-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #10
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G80 M3 Comp

Wow Ryan, that will look INSANE!!!

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

I sure hope you can't get that color combo - I will be so jealous It is sweet (I think I would go with black for the interior however, makes it a little more mean).
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@StrasseForged View Post
Wow Ryan, that will look INSANE!!!
Thanks alot Rob! My vision is to combine that tanzanite blue X6 (if Possible) with the wheels you quoted me last month. I hope this all works out... provided they don't ship us out... again lol. Still waiting on the final word.

I will get back home this weekend. I will do some inqueries about this "dream car" of mine, then call you with the outcome.

P.S.= my actual "dream" car would be a Lamborghini Aventador.... but I will keep dreaming. lol. Talk to you again soon. Take care!
      02-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I sure hope you can't get that color combo - I will be so jealous It is sweet (I think I would go with black for the interior however, makes it a little more mean).
LOL, well I am definitely going to try to get that color scheme! hey, we are all driving a fantastic machine, so it's all love bro. I actually enjoy the covenant between the X6 drivers... and other BMW enthusiasts alike.

I agree with you on the darker interior colors... definitely looks more aggressive. My current X6 is black on black, and she is absolutely mean looking inside and out, but I've had her for a while now and I guess i've matured a little bit (yeah right) so I'm currently in the market for something a bit more elegant/prestigious.

I always liked the aggressive look and feel of the X6, but looking at some pics of others forum members like AndreATC and game Theroy, has inspired me to "class it up" a little since I have been contemplating on trading up recently.
      02-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
Mangler
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i, ZHP 330i

Garage List
88 .  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
X6 ///M50d pics

I see these vehicles all the time all over the place. Any of the prototype X vehicles are always around here doing testing in the mountains. Saw this one a few weeks ago at the Gym with camp all over it. Now I guess it the production version. There is an ///M X3 around here somewhere.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0