XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-04-2017, 06:39 AM   #1
integra99-2015
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 E70

2008 X5 Passenger door lock.

Hi I'm new to this forum, I have a 2008 X5 335D.

I can see the door locks and acuators have a lot of discussion, I'm after some fresh advice thats all, hoping someone can help.

About a month ago the passenger door wouldnt open, it locked and unlocked on the remote but wouldnt open.

I gave the handle and bang with my fist and pulled the door, it opened. I sprayed some lube in and would work for a day or two and then lock gain.

Then it completely stopped, no banging of the door, depressing of the lock would open it.

So seat out, door car off, screwdriver through the acuator toward the lock eye and it opened. The cables were good and I depressed the cable from inside on the actuator and nothing.. anyway door open!

Fitted a used acuator.. seemed to work on testing. popped it in door shut and opened perfect, tried it some 50 times!

So bottled back up and then locked the door with the remote!! Ah bets check it opens from being locked... and nope it wouldnt and I'm back where I started.!!

So could I have another faulty acuator... the one I took out worked manually on testing so wtf!!

Any ideas.. clearly its when its being locked.. could this be an electronic issue, the lock pin physically goes up and down!!

Any help or advice would be amazing , cheers.
Appreciate 0