XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-28-2015, 09:42 PM   #23
socale39
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 545i SMG

Dong get me wrong the cross drilled and slotted look good. In fact I have some on my E46, but they just make more braking noise that I'm not too fond about.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 08:17 AM   #24
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
$155 shipped for the pair???

This sounds like witchcraft, has anyone used them before?

I went to their website and they don't have an X5M option. Does X5M share rotors with the M6? What BMW's do we share brakes with anyway?

Socale, I heard that as well, stay away from cross drilled or slotted as they basically act as cheese graders on the pads. With that said, with the affordability of the Zimmermans (Which I think are fantastic by the way) you can rock cross drilled and just replace more often! Besides, how many brake changes do you go through in one lifetime of the car anyway? I'd rather look good all along the way.
Yes, when I discovered the price I was blown away too. Its not witchcraft, its legit.

If they don't list for X5M I would just call to verify.

Now regarding cross drilled rotors. This is a HOT debate and a very OPINIONATED topic. I did enough research on Brakeperformance.com and other BMW enthusiast have them on and all great reviews. E90, M3, E36 etc... So bought them, slapped them on, and VERY HAPPY with the decision. I am getting the rears done in a few weeks. I will probably only do 1 brake job during me owning this car so WHY NOT!

My 2011 e70 LCI had 56K miles and the pads needed to be changed, so I just did the whole brake job, rotors, pads, sensors, and hub screw. Do I track the car NO, do I race the car NO, will the drilled rotors add performance PROBABLY NOT, but I got a great deal. OEM rotors are $250, Brembo's OEM are $155. Brakeperformance $150 shipped to my door. PERFECT.
Appreciate 0