XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #1
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

My order Xdrive40d. details

And the wait begins! Does the wait get much harder as it draws near? I have over 3-4 months to wait!

I hope i made the right options choices! Any comments? I did not select Self leveling suspension and I am wondering if this was a bad move?

Its White with beige leather (leather is now standard in the UK !!)
Attached Images

Last edited by ronald_adi; 03-08-2010 at 03:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

You have great configuration...love ACC and line departure warnings...only thing that i wont go is biege leather and aluminium trim..and 214 Y spoke(those alloys were originaly designed for x5,so i will go for 259)

You should look for individual trim..there are 3 different kinds(piano black,eucalyptus and some red wood)..i will go with piano black and biege leather...anyway you will have amazing ride...congrats!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

intersting Deda. Not sure which the 259 is, I will check.

Any idea how the lane departure warning works? I havent yet found any literature on it.

Piano black was previously my first choice actually. But my wife preferred the Alu. trim. I'll think about it.

I was in Croatia on holidays 2 yrs ago. Excellent place! you must be king with your X6 there. What colour is your X6?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 05:31 AM   #4
RW
Rep
Drives: X6

Hi Ronald,
I ordered my LHD 40d Mid Feb (15th) and expected delivery date is half Jul 2010. I hope you are right by your assumption of 3 to 4 months delivery time. My dealer said he will have the confirmation of production week somewhere Mid Apr 2010. Somewhere in Marc the factory will be closed for reconversion, so yes I do not expect production before Mid Apr 2010. Add another 6 weeks transport, another 2 weeks for preparation and customs and here we are Mid Jul
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 05:45 AM   #5
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

ok RW, that is pretty much the same timeline as I have. And sad but true,.. we have to wait. I have half a mind to go and pick up my beast from the states myself!

Wonder why though they dont have US pick-up, like they had European pickup in the past.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 05:47 AM   #6
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW View Post
Hi Ronald,
I ordered my LHD 40d Mid Feb (15th) and expected delivery date is half Jul 2010. I hope you are right by your assumption of 3 to 4 months delivery time. My dealer said he will have the confirmation of production week somewhere Mid Apr 2010. Somewhere in Marc the factory will be closed for reconversion, so yes I do not expect production before Mid Apr 2010. Add another 6 weeks transport, another 2 weeks for preparation and customs and here we are Mid Jul
Did you order it from Belgium? What colour and interior colours\trim did you take?

Did you also take adaptive drive and self leveling suspension?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 06:54 AM   #7
RW
Rep

Ronald,
UK order, the colour is black with oyster leather upholstery. I took AD and AS but no self leveling suspension as this only needed when you tow heavy equipment or horses. Under normal conditions, you do not need it as the suspension is already hard.
Collecting it from the States is no option because of custom regulations
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #8
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

very nice.

With regards to self leveling, it is not such a clear cut issue. I have done thorough reading on the subject, and if it was just for heavy loads, then why does the X6M have it? good point no? Because the X6M does not have a tow bar.

Now I know that air suspension is simply more comfortable, and when you select self leveling, then you get air suspension. Just not sure whether it is only at the back or in the front as well.

Auto manufacturers are faced with a paradox when it comes to heavy loads. If they make the suspension hard, then it can handle the heavy load, but it is very uncomfortable. If they make it too soft, then it is more comfortable but sags under heavy load. Hence auto leveling air suspension which is aparently a good compromise between the two. Do we need it if u dont take heavy loads? I think it helps with comfort and handling. It is just unclear by how much this aid cuts in when there is no load.

In some countries, when you select adaptive drive, the self leveling is selected automatically and cannot be seperated. So there is some correlation.

In the X6 50i, it is standard in the UK.

I have just called my dealer to ask him to add the self leveling suspension.

at the end of the day, you may be right

so how did you find out about the UK deals?

Last edited by ronald_adi; 03-09-2010 at 08:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #9
RW
Rep

My in-laws are British.
The self leveling air suspension is only at the rear.
No matter what, if one wants sportive drive, suspension has to be hard.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #10
CoachmanX6
CoachmanX6
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35D

Self Leveling Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_adi View Post
And the wait begins! Does the wait get much harder as it draws near? I have over 3-4 months to wait!

I hope i made the right options choices! Any comments? I did not select Self leveling suspension and I am wondering if this was a bad move?

Its White with beige leather (leather is now standard in the UK !!)
Hi Ronald
I agree a great spec, Regarding self leveling suspension I have it on my 3.5d as it goes with my detatchable tow bar (as I tow a caravan) the car stays level and is super in control when towing, It also maintains the head lights without the need for seperate control. My only issue is with the 20" wheels 259. Over here in the UK the roads are FULL OF POT HOLES so the 19" wheels would be a better choice, But I do love the looks of the 20" 259
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #11
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Quote:
very nice.

With regards to self leveling, it is not such a clear cut issue. I have done thorough reading on the subject, and if it was just for heavy loads, then why does the X6M have it? good point no? Because the X6M does not have a tow bar.

Now I know that air suspension is simply more comfortable, and when you select self leveling, then you get air suspension. Just not sure whether it is only at the back or in the front as well.

Auto manufacturers are faced with a paradox when it comes to heavy loads. If they make the suspension hard, then it can handle the heavy load, but it is very uncomfortable. If they make it too soft, then it is more comfortable but sags under heavy load. Hence auto leveling air suspension which is aparently a good compromise between the two. Do we need it if u dont take heavy loads? I think it helps with comfort and handling. It is just unclear by how much this aid cuts in when there is no load.

In some countries, when you select adaptive drive, the self leveling is selected automatically and cannot be seperated. So there is some correlation.

In the X6 50i, it is standard in the UK.

I have just called my dealer to ask him to add the self leveling suspension.

at the end of the day, you may be right

so how did you find out about the UK deals?
Did u order adaptive drive w/ self leveling? Or was it included on 3rd page?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #12
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
Did u order adaptive drive w/ self leveling? Or was it included on 3rd page?
Originally, I ordered Adaptive drive without self leveling. i have now added self leveling to my order.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #13
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
intersting Deda. Not sure which the 259 is, I will check.

Any idea how the lane departure warning works? I havent yet found any literature on it.

Piano black was previously my first choice actually. But my wife preferred the Alu. trim. I'll think about it.

I was in Croatia on holidays 2 yrs ago. Excellent place! you must be king with your X6 there. What colour is your X6?
Hello,i have Vermillion red with saddle brown and dark wood trim..it works for me.....Come and visit us again..come to Hvar its an amazing place!
Appreciate 0