XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #23
X6M
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald_adi View Post
I heard from the dealer that BMW is having problems with the installations of AD and Active steering on the RHD versions - this is the reason it is not 'yet' available in the UK.

I cannot imagine it will not be eventually solved, but obviously the question is how long do u have to wait!
I have seen a few 30d and 35d RHD X6s with AD and AS. Perhaps, from maintenance point of view there were several technical issues?

Anyway, I do not like AS as I think this option was "over-engineered".
Take a look at this - X6M does not come with AS!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #24
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

So I take it your X6 does not have AS? I must disagree with you. i think it is one of the best options ever. Driving is great with this option because u dont need to turn the steering wheel all the way round as i do need to do oin my wife's audi or as i did in my older BMW. Its a big difference and really well worth it.

They try to keep all these helping technologies off the X6M because it is a 'track' car, and so most pro drivers will prefer the 1:1 ration.

Anyway, why is it that BMW does not yet have the 40d on the website on other countries except Germany?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 01:33 AM   #25
syhr
Rep
Drives: toto

Quote:
Check out the X6 on the German website for instance - those options are there.
Could you provide a link ? When I looked at www.bmw.de all I could see was something for the new X1(nothing for X5 nor X6).

TIA.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #26
ronald_adi
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: X6 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by syhr View Post
Could you provide a link ? When I looked at www.bmw.de all I could see was something for the new X1(nothing for X5 nor X6).

TIA.
just click on Konfigurator to configure a new car on www.bmw.de
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #27
CoachmanX6
CoachmanX6
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzzy View Post
Yep,

My dealer has been in contact with BMW HQ He has confirmed due to poor take up Adaptive Drive is no longer an option on RHD X6 30d NS 40d models. It seems it is only an option on 50i and standard on the X6M. Side view cameras are only available from build week 24.

This solves my dilemma as adaptive drive is not an option on 40d.
My Vehicle is scheduled from build week 14 so no side view cameras either.

I am not too fussed about the side view cameras as I see them as a nice to have. However it's a pitty about adaptive drive though.

Deleted roof bars from my spec as I have no real need for them and beleive the car looks better without them. Looks more coupe and less 4x4 .

I am still considering whether it's worth adding the sun roof. It would be a no brainer if the sun roof was the large moon roof type (As fitted in X5) but not convinced that the smaller sun roof is worth the money or indeed useful.

Opinions and advice is welcome
Hi Dunzzy
I agree that the roof rails spoil the looks of the coup'e X6 in my opinion unless you intend to carry roof box or bikes etc.
regarding the sun roof i find that my sun roof lets in a lot of light (as the black roof lining can be a bit somber, It is also nice to have the option of the sun and fresh air on the few sunny day that we have in the UK, Though i do use the Porsche with the top down if / when we get a bit of sun.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #28
X6M
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M

Quote:
So I take it your X6 does not have AS? I must disagree with you. i think it is one of the best options ever. Driving is great with this option because u dont need to turn the steering wheel all the way round as i do need to do oin my wife's audi or as i did in my older BMW. Its a big difference and really well worth it.

They try to keep all these helping technologies off the X6M because it is a 'track' car, and so most pro drivers will prefer the 1:1 ration.

Anyway, why is it that BMW does not yet have the 40d on the website on other countries except Germany?
I used to track my car at Nurburgring and will take my X6 to the Ring as well.
I do like many new features BMW is offering and I am firmly against AS. I test drove the X6M and the X6 with AS (my X6 does not have AS) and I can tell you this - no AS for me!
Appreciate 0