XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 50i

Question 50i vs 35i

Reading all these threads about the different options and little things that come standard in the 50i and the 35i, has me still a little confused. So i was wondering if you guys could help me out and list some of the options/features that come standard on the 50i and not the 35i. Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezo86 View Post
Reading all these threads about the different options and little things that come standard in the 50i and the 35i, has me still a little confused. So i was wondering if you guys could help me out and list some of the options/features that come standard on the 50i and not the 35i. Thanks for your help!
If you go to bmwusa.com you can compare both vehicles and it will show the differences.
      01-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
If you go to bmwusa.com you can compare both vehicles and it will show the differences.
I tried that but on the website everything is the same except for the navigation and the buckets seats... but people were talking about rear suspension and the air intake in the front fenders...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
I tried that but on the website everything is the same except for the navigation and the buckets seats... but people were talking about rear suspension and the air intake in the front fenders...
There are some technical differences that are not listed in either the sales brochure or on the websites. These have to do with the differences between the two engines and how they work.

However there are a few options that are available only on the 50i that are not available on the 35i (again I am speaking about the NA market here). To BMW, there is no difference between the models in terms of these additional options. As a matter of fact, in Europe, you can order most of these options a la card on any of the different engine models. So you can configure your car EXACTLY they way you want it and not based on stupid 'packages'.

I think your best bet would be to download the sales brochure and have a look at the technical spec sheets or overview at the end of the brochure. It usually shows you what is included with the 35i and 50i (or what is available on the 50i only).
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
The reason you hear about the different options is a lot of the forum members are from non US countries and options that are aviallable to them may or may not be available to you. Best bet is to follow Chuck and xdrive's suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

i know few..for eu market...chrome grill,aluminium trim,2-zone climate ac...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

50i or 35i

Quote:
Go to your dealer or dealers & ask them to xplain fully the difference. Find the dealer/salesman you can talk to, eye to eye.
Make them do their job/earn your business.
Read all the research/reviews on the web & magazines.
Then test drive both.
Then decide what you want & what u need.
It is a new car, the first of its type fr. bmw. So, after all of the above, u maay know more about it then the "average salesman" in the showroom.
When i ordered mine back in April'08. i knew more about the x6 then over half the sales people in the showrooms, because they are sales people first, bmw or car nut 2nd or 3rd.
I dare say that x6 purchasers are different from purchasers of other bmw's. They typically will have other car or cars so that only having 2 backseat is not a real issue, because they'd drive another car w/more seats. If ur not a car nut or enthusiast u'd be buying the x5.
The different options does make it confusing to sort out, and that's how bmw makes $$$$.
See if u can get a salesman or manager of a dealer to send a salesman's guide/brochure of the x6. In it they compare the x6 to the competition, namely Infinity fx, RangeRoverSport, Cayenne(S).
For me, DPC works best with adaptive drive & active steering thru Integrated chassis Management & headsup display makes it safer navigating thru crowded highways, and are must haves. Everything else is for u to personalize the vehicle to your taste & the way u drive.
Have fun, Enjoy the selection process! You'll love it (despite its shortcomings, that ur willing to overlook)when u finally get your x6!
Appreciate 0