XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
Stargunz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

X6 20's Dunlop vs Continental or other tires

The stocks are the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx tires
Numerous plugs, nails and more road rash my tires are trigger TPM warnings off the hook.

I've already replaced both rears with brand new ones and I've gone through more nails in my tires this vehicle then I've ever known in 20 years of driving.

Anyhow just wanted your thoughts

Do we think the Continental ExtremeContact DWS is hot garbage? or would it be sufficient replacement? I noticed they arent Run Flat so that might be all the cost difference. Should i just suck it up and buy more dunlop's again? Of course if i switch to the Continental's ill have to buy 4.

My fear is buying another Dunlop at it's cost getting another effing nail on day 1!
this is more so a financial decision reason here.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...=60200&tab=All
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
dreamalaska
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 3.5i

IDK about the 20's, but mine was thankfully shipped with Michelin Latitude Tour HP all-seasons and they're performing great in Alaska's winter...I had feared getting anything other and actually was lined up to order these from Costco ($280/tire for 255/50-19 non-run flats) and then sell whatever came on the X6 on Craigslist...this Tour HP run flat rides a lot smoother than the Pirelli run flat that was on an X6 I test drove in Phoenix...
Appreciate 0