XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-30-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
Jax_415
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Headlight Washer

Hello Members

I have a 2013 X5M and my headlight washer is not working. How can you tell
if it’s the motor or clogged? It’s still under cpo but the dealer can’t tell me until they take it apart. If it’s clogged it’s not cover under cpo. But if it’s the motor it’s cover. So anyway to tell if it’s motor or clogged? Thanks for any help
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 10:42 PM   #2
RichardR0404
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35D

How, how can it be clogged? did you use some cheap washer fluid? I think it should be the motor, my buddy's 335 has those faild, he just coded those out
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 11:26 PM   #3
Jax_415
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardR0404 View Post
How, how can it be clogged? did you use some cheap washer fluid? I think it should be the motor, my buddy's 335 has those faild, he just coded those out
I take my car to the dealer for service all the time. They told me it’s either motor or clogged.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 11:52 PM   #4
RichardR0404
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_415 View Post
I take my car to the dealer for service all the time. They told me it’s either motor or clogged.
You should go to an indy shop to get it diag..... I don't trust BMW dealer at all. I use them to test drive random vehicle killing time or buying parts, thats all
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 12:27 AM   #5
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
You should go to an indy shop to get it diag..... I don't trust BMW dealer at all. I use them to test drive random vehicle killing time or buying parts, thats all
I don't know about Calgary where you live, but in Seattle, the good indy shops charge just as much money as the dealers, and their level of expertise/tooling is a fraction of what the dealership can do.

In my experience, I don't trust indy shops anymore, only the dealers. Not to mention the BMW dealership is open on weekends (Indy isn't), dealership has brand new BMW service loaners (Indy doesn't have any loaners), dealership has free shuttle (most indy's don't)....it's really not even close, lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 07:46 AM   #6
RichardR0404
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
I don't know about Calgary where you live, but in Seattle, the good indy shops charge just as much money as the dealers, and their level of expertise/tooling is a fraction of what the dealership can do.

In my experience, I don't trust indy shops anymore, only the dealers. Not to mention the BMW dealership is open on weekends (Indy isn't), dealership has brand new BMW service loaners (Indy doesn't have any loaners), dealership has free shuttle (most indy's don't)....it's really not even close, lol.
I am in Montreal now.... I usually go to NAPA garages, they charge 30 bucks less than dealer for labour per hour, get cheaper parts and get shit done right
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 12:01 AM   #7
Glim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i & 2013 X5 35i

Quote:

Hi Richard, I agree, not all dealerships are equal. Calgary BMW is shit. Just bought an X5 for my wife that was CPO certified and "maintained" by Calgary BMW and found:

1. Blue latex gloves under the brake fluid reservoir cowling.
2. Mouse nest under the cabin filter cowling.
3. The wiper arms were on the wrong sides so the drivers was hitting the roof and running off the windshield. Previous owner complained and they told him "they are the correct size wiper blades".
4. OEM (ordered by owner and installed at dealership) mud flaps not bolted in securely

I cleaned up the mess and then took it to Victoria BMW and they had the wiper arms sorted in minutes.
Appreciate 0