XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

07-13-2016, 04:21 PM   #1
x69239
x69239
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 5.0i

RaceChip Ultimate on 2009 BMW X6 5.0i

Greetings Everyone,

I have been on this forum for some time now and thought perhaps I could add my experience with the RaceChip today, the 13th of July.

The vehicle is my 2009 BMW X6 5.0i (63,000 Miles). It has the Customer Care Package (CCP) applied to it. I think I might have been the first. I brought it in for a HVAC swap in 2013 after the blower failed and the BMW techs told me that something was seriously wrong with my engine. (BMW Euler in Germany conducted the CCP over ~8 months)

Received the car back in the summer of 2014 prior to my departure and return to the US. After 12 euros worth of replacement parts, a new ECU, and new injectors... the car has been running great for the past 2 years (20K miles) and I would like to up the power a bit. ( I paid for nothing)

I will be attaching a stock dyno from someone else, my stock and first run dyno with the RaceChip, and reviews of the RaceChip that I have found within the forum.

The dyno attachment from someone else was just a baseline that I hope my car would achieve, gladly...it did. My stock dyno was the best run of three runs and the RaceChip was added immediately after the car had time to cool off and the chip could be added. The car sat on the dyno the entire time, so the RaceChip did not have a gas tank to adjust. The dyno of the RaceChip will reveal results of the immediate gains prior to the chip somewhat improving over additional miles.
-> My dynos were performed in 2nd and 3rd gear, both with before and after.

I live in Washington State and the dyno was operated by Drift Office LLC in Auburn, WA. Bob (owner) and Bill (assistant) were there to receive me through an appointment, chatted and explained car tuning... their experiences, and provided me tips and advice as I go forward down this rabbit hole. All in all, you are welcomed and get to enjoy delicious espressos while you hear your car maxing out on the dyno.... no better way than to spend a day!

-> Points that stuck with me.
-> Discontinue use of premium fuel from 76, switch to Shell or Chevron.
-> Continue to tune up on the chip once I return to Germany, they have higher octane (RON) level fuel over there.
-> A gasket on my stock exhaust, closer toward the engine... has burned out and requires replacing. (Left side)
-> Oil crank case has a some oil moisture building up. (Perhaps due to a shotty job from BMW last month during my oil change/service) Newbie might have executed the job on my vehicle. (Something I will check out once I get back to Germany)

For temp info and such: we are at sea level and the temp for our morning runs was at 70 Fahrenheit. I think the humidity was around 49%.

After the dyno runs, I can say that I too feel the increase in responsiveness. Seems like less lag. As for power, you saw on the dyno yourself that the gains are minimal. Perhaps I will feel more power with some increases on the chip but I will refrain from doing that until I go back in 2 weeks to re-dyno to see if the chip has learned a bit.

Stay tuned for a new dyno sheet in 2 weeks or 2 gas tanks. If it seems like I should move up a notch on the chip, I will and then do another dyno.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Auto_Bild_Sportscars_2013-10_328i_Steuergeraet_englisch.pdf (56.2 KB, 742 views)
File Type: pdf racechip_review.pdf (6.94 MB, 1554 views)
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 04:35 PM   #2
x69239
x69239
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 5.0i

The higher power outputs are from the third gear dyno runs.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 08:39 PM   #3
Bmf007
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw x6 35i

Hey great thread running the race chip gts hope to switch to mhd soon
Appreciate 0