XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #89
MeEmZ
Doctor in the making
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
sorry man,didnt make it today..i was to busy..hopefully tommorow.
yeah can u please help us with pix ... i have that noise thingy coming from my steering column and i have to go to the dealers tomorrow so an idea of where they have to grease would really help

thnx in advance
      01-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #90
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeEmZ View Post
yeah can u please help us with pix ... i have that noise thingy coming from my steering column and i have to go to the dealers tomorrow so an idea of where they have to grease would really help

thnx in advance
Your mechanics don't know where to grease the steering column?! You have to show them pics? Ok, then I guess you don't have to pay them but only 30% of the labour time. . .or you can use the grease gun yourself and save all the money.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 03:19 AM   #91
MeEmZ
Doctor in the making
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 35i

lol i actually want the pix for my self to check if this thing is a common fault in e71s
      01-25-2009, 03:50 AM   #92
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Other steering Issue

Has anyone noticed that during parellel parking, the car is not moving after u've backed up, & ur ready to go forward, w/ steering wheel @ maximum left or right, when u turn the steeering wheel back toward centre quickly, the wheel tension skips, with tight -loose-tight-loose-tight-loose feel ?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 10:39 AM   #93
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
Has anyone noticed that during parellel parking, the car is not moving after u've backed up, & ur ready to go forward, w/ steering wheel @ maximum left or right, when u turn the steeering wheel back toward centre quickly, the wheel tension skips, with tight -loose-tight-loose-tight-loose feel ?
No. Do you have active steering?
      01-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #94
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

so boys,i hope this helps...well,at least you know where you can find source of annoying sound...

you need to remove 3 screws from hatch and there you will find what you need.

good luck!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 06:47 PM   #95
akraptor
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: 35 D

hmmz.. . the mechanics lubed the squeak on my Jap from under the car. .but this is different.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #96
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
so boys,i hope this helps...well,at least you know where you can find source of annoying sound...

good luck!

i don't have the issue but thanks for the great pics Deda.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #97
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

you welcome!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #98
x6apollon
Rep
Drives: X6 XDrive35D

sim slot for BMW online

I just got an X6 X35D 2008 model. It comes with Connected Drive and BMW Online which am told do not work in Cyprus. I am trying to find where the SIM card goes in order to work the internet service. Basically I want to find out if I can use the web browser in Cyprus. However I canot find where the sim card goes. The dealer told me it is factory installed in the ECU unit. Does anybody know what this unit is and how I can install a different SIM card?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 09:39 AM   #99
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
BMW NA Customer relations is one way communications. They do not engage in back and forth chatter. They merely facilitate putting you in contact with the correct people.

Any PM to BMW will be ignored. They do this to keep themselves out of trouble. Surely you can understand the liability reasons for doing this.

They watch the board, and provide a contact path. They reach out as needed. You cannot reach out to them via a public forum. Use the 800 number instead.
Wow I just wrote them a nice PM - should have read down a little further.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #100
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

good luck!
Hey Deda looks like you been heel-n-toe driving from the Croatia dirt on the peddles
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #101
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6apollon View Post
I just got an X6 X35D 2008 model. It comes with Connected Drive and BMW Online which am told do not work in Cyprus. I am trying to find where the SIM card goes in order to work the internet service. Basically I want to find out if I can use the web browser in Cyprus. However I canot find where the sim card goes. The dealer told me it is factory installed in the ECU unit. Does anybody know what this unit is and how I can install a different SIM card?

I think you might get more responses if you had start this as a new thread, as it's not related to this one. I can't help as I don't know what " Connected Drive and BMW Online " are. In the USA we have "BMW Assist" which is for things like road side assistance, remote unlock , etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #102
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagueAMX View Post
Hey Deda looks like you been heel-n-toe driving from the Croatia dirt on the peddles
ha ha..cool!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #103
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
I think you might get more responses if you had start this as a new thread, as it's not related to this one. I can't help as I don't know what " Connected Drive and BMW Online " are. In the USA we have "BMW Assist" which is for things like road side assistance, remote unlock , etc.
I think he did here:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252875
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #104
Crashl82
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

X6 issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaptrick View Post
Nav in 3x for repairs, now they are putting in new computer. Pulls to the right, they can't seem to fix it. Did alignment, swapped tires, still there. Some kind of shipping cosmline on passenger door handle stained the paint and they could not get it out, so they will repaint it. Have the same junk in the front corners of the all the doors on the inside. So far that's it but compared to wife 335 with 1 problem that seems like a lot. Car in service now for the 4th time in 2 months. Cheap
I have had my X6 for a year with only 13,000 miles. So far driverside mirror burned out, fuel gauge stopped registering how much fuel I had, alignment pulls to right and I replaced all 4 tires which cost $2,000. It makes me nervous when the dealer tells me they think the bar on the front of my car is bent somehow messing up alignment then they come back telling me their alignment machines were not set for an X6. Probably taking it back again because alignment is pulling to right again right after service.

This is getting annoying!

Last edited by Crashl82; 04-14-2010 at 08:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #105
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

Bmw dealer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashl82 View Post
I have had my X6 for a year with only 13,000 miles. So far driverside mirror burned out, fuel gauge stopped registering how much fuel I had, alignment pulls to right and I replaced all 4 tires which cost $2,000. It makes me nervous when the dealer tells me they think the bar on the front of my car is bent somehow messing up alignment then they come back telling me their alignment machines were not set for an X6. Probably taking it back again because alignment is pulling to right again right after service.

This is getting annoying!

"alignment machines were not set for an X6"
What kind of excuse is that?
Do they not reset the machine for different models of BMW??
They "think" the bar is bent?? U need to go to someone who KNOWS!
R they your local BMW dealer? OR do they deal with other brands of cars?
Tell me the dealers' name, i'll be sure to avoid them when i'm in Texas!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #106
Crashl82
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
"alignment machines were not set for an X6"
What kind of excuse is that?
Do they not reset the machine for different models of BMW??
They "think" the bar is bent?? U need to go to someone who KNOWS!
R they your local BMW dealer? OR do they deal with other brands of cars?
Tell me the dealers' name, i'll be sure to avoid them when i'm in Texas!
Well taking it back in as the alignment is still messed up. Yes it's a BMW dealer here by the name of Classic. Honestly all of my service is great but this is just strange! I'm sitting here thinking I shouldn't have bought the thing now and just went with the range rover. Will keep posting but right now not sure what else I can do.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #107
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm sitting here thinking I shouldn't have bought the thing now and just went with ......
Many of us felt this way when we first got our car and it had issues but after these go away and you get to just drive it you will wonder how you could of thought such a thing.

I agree that this should not be happening , especially now that the car has been out for over two years. I ordered mine and waited five months to get it ( I'm in US but it was just after launch) then had to go through the "BMW has it's head up it's ass and can't install the correct battery" to "infamous fuel pump pressure thingy".
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #108
Crashl82
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Many of us felt this way when we first got our car and it had issues but after these go away and you get to just drive it you will wonder how you could of thought such a thing.

I agree that this should not be happening , especially now that the car has been out for over two years. I ordered mine and waited five months to get it ( I'm in US but it was just after launch) then had to go through the "BMW has it's head up it's ass and can't install the correct battery" to "infamous fuel pump pressure thingy".
Yeah I love the car I don't know what it is but just looks awesome to me. Hopefully they can get it figured out so I can just get back to enjoying it. It's nice to hear other comments. Like yourself I ordered mine then waited almost a year for it to come.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #109
Crashl82
Registered
Rep

Well they gave me my car back and told me I must be feeling the crowning of the road...yeah I know. Not to mention that when they gave me my car back I had a screw in my brand new tire. At this point I have to take the car to an independent place to get the alignment and angle bar checked out. If someone else doesn't see the same thing I am seeing then maybe I am just crazy.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #110
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well they gave me my car back and told me I must be feeling the crowning of the road...yeah I know. Not to mention that when they gave me my car back I had a screw in my brand new tire. At this point I have to take the car to an independent place to get the alignment and angle bar checked out. If someone else doesn't see the same thing I am seeing then maybe I am just crazy.

I think it's time you contacted BMWNA and request some assistance, the problems you are having with your dealer may be making this much worse than it is ( machines not aligned did they bend it ?). I think the numbers are in back of owners manual or one of the books you get. I would get another dealer too look at it. The "pulling to right" issue has come up before here in the forums don't remember what the solution was. But at this point you need additional assistance and I think Texas is like California three strikes and your out (car has been to dealer three times for same problem it 's not been fixed).
Appreciate 0