XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-12-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
aj555
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW xDrive35i

Garage List
Auto Armor ECP Protection?

Just purchased a 2012 BMW X5 yesterday. The dealer was trying to get me to purchase this Auto Armor total care protection plan. Any experience with this from anyone?

Here's what I gathered from researching.

- All the complaints are from dealers trying to charge people to apply it, and essentially it's just paint sealant. The car already had it applied before I purchased it. The dealer was just trying to get me to buy the warranty that goes with it.

- Outside Protection = Ripoff. The protection is just a sealant, and everything that's covered under warranty water spots, bird crap, ect. can all be fixed or prevented by regular wax/sealant, and an orbital buffer.

What got me interested in it was the interior protection. It claims it will cover stains, and damage to the leather interior. Looking at it just for that seems worth the cost.

So....

Has anyone had experience with the interior portion of the warranty or knows any info?

It's supposedly a special magical (probably snake oil) protection applied to the interior to resist stains and marks. Does using leather cleaners, conditioners, and rejuvenators automatically void the warranty?

I've spent the last hour searching, and all I can find is info/reviews on the exterior protection.

(Wife's Daily Driver) 2000 BMW 328ci E46 - less than 90k miles

(Gone) 2007 BMW 335i E90
Appreciate 0