XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
Polaris
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 35d M Sport

Internet radio through iPhone

Hi Guys

I have the 6FL USB option in my car and I have had no problems playing tracks stored on my ipod.

However, I tried streaming music through my iPhone while plugged into the armrest USB port and my attempts were unsuccessful so far. (I would like to stream internet radio through the iPhone).

Have any of you had any luck in trying something similar?

Essentially, I would like to know if the USB connection can only be used to play music stored on the iphone (or other portable storage device) or whether internet-based music, etc can be streamed as well (through, for example, an iPhone internet radio app., Pandora, Finetune, etc.).

Many thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
bwoodahl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RS6

It works, but I have forgotten the exact procedure. IIRC, plug the iPhone into USB, hold the home button, and the apps should then appear, then you can select Pandora, etc.
Appreciate 0