XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #45
cybervinn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M

Garage List
2011 BMW X5 M  [9.62]
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8888vx6 View Post
So that problem goes away once they upgrades your battery to 90 amps from 70amps, plus they have a new software which helps to charge the battery. Right now it doesnt matter what dinstances you driving
Did your service receipt specifically say that was done? I got my battery replaced too but my SA didn't go into specifics. He just said issue was resolved, and my service receipt just said battery was replaced under warranty. Do you mind telling me what part # your new battery is? I would like to compare to see if I got same battery. TIA.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #46
takuya
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

my x6 50i is under factory warranty and has the same issue, but the guy said i have to pay for the replace new battery cause that's only way you can upgrade to 90 amps????? is that correct? cause i usually trade my car after it's out the warranty. this is 6th bmw and i have never that issue before if that's correct i'm gonna go to porsche next time.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #47
BimmerX62010
Rep
Drives: X6

Brought my car in at 49.5k with this same issue and all they did is upgrade the software version (claiming it would fix it).

Brought my car in at 50.5k (outside warranty) with the same issue. They replaced battery for free.
'04 X5 4.4i with staggered 20" #168

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #48
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuya View Post
my x6 50i is under factory warranty and has the same issue, but the guy said i have to pay for the replace new battery cause that's only way you can upgrade to 90 amps????? is that correct? cause i usually trade my car after it's out the warranty. this is 6th bmw and i have never that issue before if that's correct i'm gonna go to porsche next time.
You don't have to pay for a new battery. They are supposed to update your software or give you a new battery. At least that's what my dealership did without ever asking me to pay for anything.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #49
pha_roah
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6 35i

One piece of advice for anyone with this issue: if you have it and do not drive the car longer than 8Kms per trip every day, my advice would be to drive it a lot more for about 30 days before taking it to the dealer. If you don't do that, they will tell you that you are not driving enough since they generate a report that shows how many trips you have done in the last 30 days and how long they are.
They are refusing to change my damaged battery because "I don't drive it enough" even though it's still under warranty and I do drive it enough.
I took it all the way to the CEO of BMW Canada who didn't even bother to respond, and instead just got some customer service rep to repeat the same crap they said to me many times.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #50
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

My 2010 50i just started to have this issue. Was told we don't drive the car enough. But having said that he said they are updating the software with a short drive mode, and replacing my battery with a new AGM battery (apparently it already had one of those in there already as it is an LCI car).
Appreciate 0