XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #1
sgtpeper
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5d M-Sport DHP

Just Bought an '11 X5D - Intro/Questions

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased my first X5. I traded in my '09 335i x-drive 6mt for it. I've never owned and SUV or an automatic vehicle so this is going to be interesting!
The X5 has 29k miles on it and seems to be pretty much perfect. It came from Beverly Hills. It is platinum grey over black and has a build date of 03/11

Here are the options:
- Sport Activity Package
- Active ventilated seat package (something I really wanted here in Denver)
- Cold Weather Package
- Premium Package
- Premium Sound Package
- Rear Climate Package
- Tech Package
- 20" Wheel option
- Comfort Access
- Running boards
- Roof rails
- Dark bamboo wood
- Leather dashboard (still deciding how I like this option)
- Heated rear seats

So as you can see other than Adaptive drive it's pretty much loaded!!

A few questions for all of you:
1. With a build date of 03/11 shouldn't I have the newer coronas? I don't think I do...
2. Can I use BMW apps? How would I know if I can?
3. Those of you with the 20" option what do you do for snow tires/wheels?
4. What's the best programmer to get for the most power out of this thing? I'm missing my 335 which I used a Cobb accessport on.
5. What do you guys think of the perma protection option from the dealer? I bought it for 3 years and they claim if anything happens to my leather or interior they'll repair it free.
6. In the manual it shows some screen if you hit the traction button that brings up the torque on the screen - how do I make that happen?
7. Is there some app to tell me where the best diesel fuel is? I've never owned anything diesel before.

That should be enough for now!

Thanks in advance for the responses!

Regards,
'03 Porsche 996 Turbo X50
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #2
cb4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

My build date is 3/11 and we don't have the led coronas either. Not sure when these became available.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
Z@T
Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Vantage, 997, ModelX

Congrats to the new acquisition and welcome to the Diesel club.

1. With a build date of 03/11 shouldn't I have the newer coronas? I think that was later. Mine is beginning 2011 as well and does not have it. You can upgrade the light bulbs with LED's. Not the same but better. Something to read: http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952763
2. Can I use BMW apps? How would I know if I can? If you have the combox, you should have the BMW apps. go to bmwarchiv.de and enter your VIN to find out.
3. Those of you with the 20" option what do you do for snow tires/wheels? I live in FL. Just summer tires here.
4. What's the best programmer to get for the most power out of this thing? I'm missing my 335 which I used a Cobb accessport on.
The JBD box from Burger tuning should work pretty good for a small price. I need that too soon.
Appreciate 0