XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
DChan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 5.0

Possible to watch DVD on front screen?

Hi guys I have a rear entertainment system in my 2009 x6. I was wondering if it was possible to get the picture feed to the front Idrive screen? It's a CCC system I believe with a disk in the navigation dvd drive.

Is there something I can do to watch videos in the front?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

If you insert a DVD into the front CD/DVD slot, or into the 6 disk changer in the glove box, you should be able to watch it on the iDrive screen as long as the car is in park.

Once you put the car into drive or reverse, the DVD image will go away, but you csn always have your car coded in order to override that safety feature.
      06-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
DChan
Private
Rep

nope nothing happens. I take out my navigation disk and put in a DVD nothing happens. I don't have the HD I think it's a CIC I may have? And when I put a dvd in my rear entertainment and select it from the Idrive there's no picture.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 11:36 PM   #4
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
United_States
Rep
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [5.66]
Get it coded by someone in the forum that knows how to do it.
      06-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChan
nope nothing happens. I take out my navigation disk and put in a DVD nothing happens. I don't have the HD I think it's a CIC I may have? And when I put a dvd in my rear entertainment and select it from the Idrive there's no picture.
Did you try the CD/DVD slot in the front console....? That always worked for DVDs just fine for me when I had my X6. I even kept a couple of those mix DVDs with music videos in my CD changer in the glove compartment that you should have as well. They always shown on the iDrive screen.

If you haven't tried those options, give it a shot. Do NOT try the port that says DVD. That is for the navigation disk. Use the slot above that one. Hope this helps.
      06-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
DChan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Did you try the CD/DVD slot in the front console....? That always worked for DVDs just fine for me when I had my X6. I even kept a couple of those mix DVDs with music videos in my CD changer in the glove compartment that you should have as well. They always shown on the iDrive screen.

If you haven't tried those options, give it a shot. Do NOT try the port that says DVD. That is for the navigation disk. Use the slot above that one. Hope this helps.
Yeah I have nothing happens, I'm wondering because I do not have the HD navigation that it doesn't work?

I think i have CIC and not a CCC whichever one that isn't the HD one. I tried. If i can even get a feed from the rear entertainment to the Idrive system i'd be happy for maybe if i run an ipod that would work?
Appreciate 0