XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

01-10-2022, 03:52 AM   #1
Kelyan W
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6m

Exclamation X6M Parking Brake Issues

Hi , I have an awesome 2009Xm Hamman edition, but am getting to the end of my tether with it, having had parking brake issues, we have replaced both the actuator and switch and the problem keeps coming back, can anyone tell me if they have had this issues and how they sorted it, any help will be massively appreciated, about to change battery , is this liable to cause a problem?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 11:18 AM   #2
Bilbofraggins
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M, 2019 X3 M40I

Not personally, but I strip and clean my breaks every couple years.

I googled the issue in the spirit of living and learning....I expect you have probably seen this:

https://www.youcanic.com/bmw-electro...ke-malfunction
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2022, 06:56 PM   #3
Kamate
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelyan W View Post
Hi , I have an awesome 2009Xm Hamman edition, but am getting to the end of my tether with it, having had parking brake issues, we have replaced both the actuator and switch and the problem keeps coming back, can anyone tell me if they have had this issues and how they sorted it, any help will be massively appreciated, about to change battery , is this liable to cause a problem?
Do you have the error codes? There is a recall for the EMF connector, which is the connector for the parking brake actuator under the rear trunk. Check it and make sure all the wires are good and not corroded or broken.
Appreciate 0