XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-04-2023, 05:19 PM   #1
AussieX5
Registered
Rep
Drives: Volvo C70 BMW X5

Introduction and seeking some X5 information.

G'day all.
I am about to join the X5 owners after a somewhat major roll over of my Land Rover Discovery.
I know Disco's inside and out, but I have a very limited knowledge of the X5 models.
There will be a few differences between your models and ours, but essentially what I'm looking for will be a 3.0 diesel or 4.4 V8. The model year will be between 2010 and 2014, and will be decided on payout from the Disco, plus what I want to put into the car from savings.
I did a lot of off road camping in my Discovery, and I'm going to make a few "lifestyle changes" and still go into the bush, but it will be with my camping gear in a small trailer.
I guess what I'm looking for is info on things like servicing and maintenance.
Does either engine need timing belt/chain changing at regular intervals??? I know it was crucial on Disco diesels, and less so on Disco petrols.
I am at a point in life where I don't crawl under the car to do oil changes, but I can crawl under and do obvious checks and minor adjustments.
So, after all that, I'm reaching out to a group of car lovers for information.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0