XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-10-2021, 02:02 PM   #1
o-blian
France
Rep
Drives: 35d E70

Boost charge pipe

I need an advice : I have to replace my boost pipe (from the turbo to the IC), the red one on my 35d X5 E70. It leaks oil and my peak boost is 27 psi with bimmertool / obd. Oil is spread all around the lower part of the engine, belts, fan, and on the ground of my garage.

From what I've read, OEM pipe from the dealer is not the best choice and is expensive. I live in France so I have two options :

Option 1 : buy the ATM one from the US :
https://www.atmspeedshop.com/product...utlet-hose-kit

They ship worldwide but I will have to wait a long time. There is a risk with the delivery company of loosing the packet etc...

Option 2 : Buy the Forge one from the UK (fast shipping)
https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/BM...uct--1021.html

According to their website, the pipe is just for 3er series (e90/e91). The ATM is the same for 335d and X5D. I emailed Forge to ask if it is compatible with X5 35d but no response.

I checked Real OEM and the part number for the pipe is different for the E70 and the E90. But on the picture, it looks the same.

What I want in definitive is reliability with good connectors / clamps, before tuning the engine.

Does anyone can help me with this problem? Maybe I should stay with an OEM new pipe, I've read BMW upgraded it...

Sorry for my mistakes, thanks!
Appreciate 0