XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-03-2021, 04:22 AM   #1
Hatchet87
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70 30sd M Sport

E70 30sd Front Coil Springs

Hi All,

I need to replace the front coils springs on the X5 as one of them has snapped . I acquired two - both Sachs, however one was NoS (from random online supplier) and one was new (from ECP). However now i have them both the look a bit different, overall length is the same but where the coil starts and ends are different.

Annoyingly the ECP one does not show the true Sachs part number but what seems to be their own part number. I have sports suspension so ensured i ordered both for the this application, according to Sachs Catalogue the Sachs part is 993 532 which is what the NoS items says on the box.

Are these going to be okay, I am kind of assuming they have changed production line or something hence why they are slightly different, and the Spring mounting rubbers 'rotate' meaning its not a problem the end of the coil is not identical? Or have ECP sent me the wrong one, it clearly states on the box for BMW E70 with sports suspension!

Has anyone got any experience here, its going in on Friday and am trying to avoid them calling me half way through saying one of them is not right!

Here is a picture of them side by side, I lined up the top but as you can see the bottom seems to have a longer trail....

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 05:23 AM   #2
dang2407
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X5 E70 35D MSport

The rate of a spring depends on:
- the material of the material the spring is made from,
- the diameter of the material,
- the length of the material.

Your springs are made by different manufacturers so hence the difference. But even if they were made by the same people and only the lengths are different, remember that the weight distribution in the car is not symmetrical, so it won't make any significant difference.
Appreciate 0