XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-01-2015, 07:02 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Exclamation the best of worst German(& European) drivers...

Looks like the Germans are catching up to the Russians!!!

Appreciate 1
      07-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #2
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

there should be a law where trucks arent allowed to pass period.
yes things take longer to transport, but think of all the dangerous situations that are eliminated.
ill gladly wait one more day for my items
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 02:06 AM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
there should be a law where trucks arent allowed to pass period.
yes things take longer to transport, but think of all the dangerous situations that are eliminated.
ill gladly wait one more day for my items
The Germans ALMOST passed a law like that. What they want to do is allow trucks only to pass on three lane autobahns. Most autobahns are two lanes... so that would outlaw truck(elephant races) passing.

For now they have a law that says when a truck over takes another truck on the autobahn. They have a time limit to how long they can stay in the left lane. IF too many cars bunch up behind the over taking truck... the truck driver can be cited for a ticket. The AUtobahn polizei are pretty good about enforcing tuck(and car laws) on the 'Bahn.

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

I hate those slow races too. Especially when the truck that passed one truck gets passed by the same one it just passed. I always think they do it just to make traffic congestion.

People who ride in the passing lane in the US make me want to go crazy at times. My state has a law for that. No one is suppose to just ride in the passing lane unless its heavy traffic or passing someone.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2015, 01:37 PM   #5
Ganxxta
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F32 4er Coupé

That video clearly demonstrates that most people are just too stupid to use rear view mirrors

Why the F... do they have to switch the lane with 80 kph in front of someone doing 200+

I hate those people
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2015, 03:54 PM   #6
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganxxta View Post
That video clearly demonstrates that most people are just too stupid to use rear view mirrors

Why the F... do they have to switch the lane with 80 kph in front of someone doing 200+

I hate those people

Well... sometimes people do it because they have a slow car, and they know that German law says they have the "right" to pull out and pass. The car coming up from behind(at Warp 8) has to yield. Even though they might be doing 250 kph vs the other car(pulling out into the fast lane) is only going 120 kph. Of course there is another German law that says you can be held 50% responsible for causing an accident... but these people just want to make life hard for us "fast" drivers. Its part of the game I guess.

In this video there was more than the "normal" autobahn being a friendly driver. Even though a fast car, that is coming up upon a slower car - as it pulls out infront of said fast car... the fast car doesn't have the right to "tail gate" or put pressure on the "slow" driver. This can be a huge ticket IF caught by an unmarked AUtobahn Polizei car. They will have cameras on board that have filmed the entire event. So there is no wiggling out of the ticket.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #7
Ganxxta
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F32 4er Coupé

You are right, tailgating is of course also not allowed and the ticket for this is really high, I think one even has to say good bye to the drivers license for a few months...

I think everywhere around the world there are drivers one simply wishes to never meet on the road.

Thats why I always have a second look and am prepared to brake at any time when I'm traveling at Warp 8 (lol), especially when approaching a group of slower moving cars on the right lane. Better safe than sorry.

As well as following the "Rechtsfahrgebot" (driving on the rightmost lane) when possible, there are always faster cars available (No money for Bugatti or Koenigsegg)
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2015, 12:45 AM   #8
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i, 335i and 328i

They also refuse to acknowledge the 20 second rule. " if you have the ability to use the right lane for more than 20seconds you MUST move to the right." The center lane day dreamers cause more stau and accidents than high speed ever does. Most people believe the only passing lane is the far left, it is not, every lane to the left of the first lane is a passing lane.
2009 335i Saphire Black M Sport "Leopold" Cobb stage 2 aggressive tune, Mishimoto FMIC, Cobb charge pipe, Cobb catted down pipes, Forge diverter valves, BMS inlets and DCI, Cyba scoops and M Individual Audio retrofit and M3 gauge cluster retrofit.
2011 328i Titan Silver M Sport "Franzel" <--Wife's car
Appreciate 2