XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

06-16-2012, 01:49 AM   #23
uwinlol
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6M

ok my bmw x6m today need to go service to see what is the problem is engine fault reduced power
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 01:51 AM   #24
Biff Grissel
stankmouth
United_States
Rep
Drives: fun

I had same thing and usually it's due to some faulty hoses that heat up and trigger that sensor due to vacuum leak in the system. BMW has an upgraded hose kit that ur dealer can install if this happens to u. Have them do a smoke test when u take it in.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #25
Dave Xdrive50i
Registered
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 5.0 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by edooo View Post
hey guys.

i have X6M,but i have warning in yellow,sth like this- Engine fault,reduced power,full engine power not longer availible,drive moderately,you can continue journey ,have the problem checked by the nearest BMW Service.

did you experience something like this ?

what do you think i should do?when i turn off the car and then start it it doesnt appear,but only sometimes when i acclerate hard
i have the same problem and don't have a clue what to do
HELP
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #26
CrMcC
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

X6 engine fault warning light

Had my X6 35i in for 5th time for "engine Fault" ...State dealer started with replacement of Vacuum hose, then box of hoses, then refit hose which fell off (so they say) then pressure regulator, then $600 part not sure what, finally they checked fuel pressure and replaced fuel pump.
By the 4th visit I am getting annoyed ,,,spent $1100 on parts not necessary so BMW did the pump free which they costed at $1000. So $2000, about 4 weeks in and out of BMW 5 times, 2 weeks off road and its the pump. Not impressed with mechanics in Perth or their weegie board. Just put my money down on an Audi A6 Allroad, simply because BMW cant diagnose a problem with their vehicles...and they are the experts in WA

PS..Engine fault light came on under moderate acceleration/load..........seems to be fixed now with new pump but not willing to take any more chances with other problems which are likely to arise on 77,000 km vehicle which I have owned since new and maintained 100%...History is 2 break downs/ tows, HP fuel pump 10,000km ..brake auto hold failure and brakes seized at 65,000km and now LP fuel pump at 77,000km.

PS injectors done under BMW recall about 60,000km

Last edited by CrMcC; 04-10-2013 at 02:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 02:52 AM   #27
CrMcC
Registered
Rep

X6 engine fault

light came on 2 days after fuel pump replaced. Not prepared to send to BMW workshop for 6th time so asked for return of $1100 which was granted
Sold car and got an A6.........is Audi A6 Allroad any better ???? I hope so
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #28
Leofrackles
Rep
Drives: X6

I have had that problem all they did was change my spark plug an my truck drives like new now
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 08:16 AM   #29
CrMcC
Registered
Rep

Perhaps the BMW guys in Miami are smarter then the boys in Perth....would have been a cheap fix if they had changed the plugs and got it right first time
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 09:45 AM   #30
Mre123
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Had to have new turbos. Aux turbo pump also fails
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #31
Erick79
Rep
Drives: 2012 X6

Same issue: issue identified as the fuel pump
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 11:16 AM   #32
airbornesigs
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2013 E71 BMW X6M

Cant believe my 2013 X6M has started doing exactly the same, every time I hit the gas hard and it kicks down, Bing I get the orange engine light and warning pop up. Only when I accelerate hard, and it doesn't matter if its cold or warm.

It has also starting this rattling sound coming from the exhaust, it sounds almost like something has come loose inside the back box and its rattling around inside the pipe metal on metal, ding a ling a ling... :-/ I gave it a technical kick and it subsided for a second and then started again.

My car has been faultless up until now, I am in the process of switching out the back box (rear muffler) for an aftermarket one from Fi and so to be honest im not overly bothered about the ringalingading at the moment, however the limp home mode warning light / engine failure warning is bloody annoying. I will be taking it into my mechanic next week and so I will update here what was said.

I am also going to upload a couple of vids to youtube and post links here, the first one with the ringalingading sound in case my mechanic diagnoses it and anyone else has the same issue. The second video will show the warning light come on when I accelerate hard and this will tie in with something I want to highlight in that video a device I recently bought call FIXD, it a vehicle health / diagnostics tool that you plug into your OBD-11 port and it tells you in plain english what the faults are and why they are showing.

Well I plugged it in and it runs the scan while I am looking at the engine fault message on the screen and the engine fault light on the speedo.. and it proceeds to tell me my car has no faults and is totally fine. I also have a PDC fault on my car (parking distance sensor) I know what the issue is and its being replaced.. however when I reverse I get the fault so I reversed and sure enough up pops the fault. I had this FIXD device plugged in as it recommends leaving the device plugged in so it can "monitor your cars health in real time" errm, 3 words.. "crock of shit" the fault appeared and the FIXD device recorded nothing at all and when I scanned the car again it said once again that my car was without faults and is totally fine.. errm, I am physically looking at the PDC fault it is clearly not fine.

Totally disappointed as I was really looking forward to the device which cost $70 incl shipping arriving because I thought wouldn't it be nice to walk into BMW and tell them whats wrong and simply ask them how much.. rather than to be at their mercy as usual and have them charge me hundreds to diagnose and then thousands for all of these apparent things which are wrong.

I bought the device after it was plugged on Vehicle Virgins by Parker, so cheers for that Parker! I'll be @vehiclevirgins him into the video on youtube for sure!!
Appreciate 1