XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
Treggie
Registered
Rep
Drives: VW Touareg V6 Altitude

Question Considering move from Touareg to X5

Hi

Currently I have a 4 year old V6 Touareg & considering changing to a 1 or 2 year X5. Would love an M Sport but dont think the budget will stretch, therfore think I'll opt for a good spec SE & add different wheels when the current tyres need changing, which leads me to my first question:

I know I can run with ordinary tyres, instead of the utterly mad priced runflats, but can I buy a space saver to fit, is there anywhere to store it rather than taking up the space in the boot, ie below the boot floor as opposed to on top. In the touareg there is a spacesaver with compressor & it all works fine as I've had to use it recently.

I assume the M Sport runners/sills can be added easy enough?

I notice the later X5's have nicer roof bars, ie not raised or are they only on the M sport? Can you retro fit to an SE?

I'll have a search through the forum for the things to watch for but any links to already existing threads about what to look for when buying an X5 will be appreciated..... any complete no no's

Tks
T
Appreciate 0