XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

12-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
shayne54
Rep
Drives: 2008 M5 & 2005 X5 4.8is

New to me X5 some questions for board members

Hey guys, this is my first X5 but not my first BMW. I had previously owned a 335i and upgraded that to a 2008 M5 this summer. Well its in storage now for the winter months so I picked up a 2005 X5 4.8is for my "winter" vehicle

I have a few questions about it though. First of all the manual is missing so I will be picking up one of them from bavauto or ebay. Here is where I can use some help...

The previous owner had (maybe) installed some kind of iPod integration. I say that because there is an iPod cable sticking out down on the drivers side floor board area. There is also a Sirius satellite round antenna in the drivers side dash by the front window.

First off, I can't figure out if the iPod integration is still working. My x5 does not have navigation. I have tried switching to CD changer thinking that maybe he uninstalled that option for the iPod adapter. It just says "no magazine" or something like that. The normal CD slot works and the radio seems to work as well AM/FM.

Second off, what's with the Sirius antenna?

If anyone has any ideas on how I can find out if this still works please let me know. I was looking into adding the DICE unit to also add bluetooth, but who knows maybe I already have that?

I did look in the rear panel area and saw the CD changer and the Bluetooth module (whatever its called) but there is nothing else back there that I saw.

Lastly, the park distance control on the vehicle seems to be malfunctioning. The lights flash on the button but there is no beeping (I know how it's supposed to work as the one on my M5 works). Also the folding mirrors seem to not be working...the passenger side folds but retracts instantly while the drivers side stays stationary.

I was thinking of having these few items looked at by my local BMW indy shop, but if they are really pricey to fix I might just let them be as is.

Thanks everyone!
Appreciate 0