XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

08-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
branko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d, X6 3.5d

Question Air suspension + Hifi + Ipod + PDC

Could anyone help me out with this..

I would like to check the presence of the Air Suspension (auto level on the rear axe, in most countries it is standard, but was an option for me) on my X6, how can I verify this ?

How can I check if the Hifi option is present, when pumping up the volume of the radio the sound was distorted but then radio reception is not optimal, any way to verify by locating the amplifier or in the menu system ?

Where is the cable for the iPod connection located ?

How can I tune down the volume of the PDC assistant, the beeping drives me crazy and couldn't find anything in the menus...

Thank you very much !
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by branko View Post

How can I tune down the volume of the PDC assistant, the beeping drives me crazy and couldn't find anything in the menus...

Thank you very much !
This setting is located in the idrive menu, think under settings ->vehicle. It will show "gong" and you can raise and lower volume but only to a certain level, there is a preset minimum and maximum.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
rockmed
Private
Rep
Drives: none

1) Self leveling suspension is standard only on the 50i. Unless you specifically ordered it on any other model, it probably isn't there.

2) There are 3 audio systems. Standard, HIFI Loudspeaker and HIFI Professional. The later is the best having more speakers with addition of subwoofer under each seat. I think if you go on iDrive i setting>Tone and if you see Equalizer it means you probably have one of the HIFI systems. If you see Surround settings, it likely means you have the HIFI Pro.

3) Unless you specifically ordered the USB Interface option, you won't be able to connect iPod. I beleive only in the US does the cable of the iPod come. You need to order a Y Cable from your dealer in order to get full integration with iDrive.

4) If the suggestion above doesn't work, perhaps lowering the volume knob with PDC is beeping will do the trick.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 01:30 AM   #4
uriel13
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: M3 & X5 3.0SD

1)self leveling suspension in europe is not optional (i got it)...if you look rear and down the car you can see the big leveling suspension...

2)in the baggage car at the left there is a box inside there is a amplifier and there is a adhesive with write up the tipe of the amplifier, watt etc etc...(black is for loudspeaker,gray for professional)
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 03:48 AM   #5
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:

I would like to check the presence of the Air Suspension (auto level on the rear axe, in most countries it is standard, but was an option for me) on my X6, how can I verify this ?

How can I check if the Hifi option is present, when pumping up the volume of the radio the sound was distorted but then radio reception is not optimal, any way to verify by locating the amplifier or in the menu system ?

Where is the cable for the iPod connection located ?

Thank you very much !
Branko,auto leveing on the rear axel is NOT AIR SUSPENSION!!!!

Auto leveling on the rear axel is used for easier connecting x6,in this case,and trailer....
(to ti je fora za spuštanje auta,stražnje osovine,ako hoćeš lakše da prilključiš prikolicu..mada prikolica i x6 baš nije neki lijep prizor.pozdrav. )
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 04:54 AM   #6
branko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
Branko,auto leveing on the rear axel is NOT AIR SUSPENSION!!!!
I am referring to the following option :
220 : Self-levelling suspension mit Luftfederung for rear axle

Is indeed standard in most countries in Europe, but was not for me..

Luftfederung = Air suspension
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 04:59 AM   #7
branko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmed View Post
If the suggestion above doesn't work, perhaps lowering the volume knob with PDC is beeping will do the trick.
Haven't tried the suggestion yet, but lowering the volume knob while PDC is beeping only affects the radio sound, not the PDC..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 05:18 AM   #8
PeTo_H
Private
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: '99 528iA, X6 35i on the way

As my dealer tolm me, it only makes sence when you drive the car with trailer (not my case), or fully loaded (rarely), otherwise it is a waste of money. Therefore I have not chosen it for my as it was an option.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #9
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeTo_H View Post
As my dealer tolm me, it only makes sence when you drive the car with trailer (not my case), or fully loaded (rarely), otherwise it is a waste of money. Therefore I have not chosen it for my as it was an option.
+1!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 10:21 AM   #10
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

According to BMW's documentation, the 'Self-leveling with pneumatic rear suspension' only comes standard on the 50i and is optional on the 30d, 35d and 35i.

However in the USA and Canada, the 'Self-leveling with pneumatic rear suspension' is standard on the 50i but is NOT available as an option on the 35i.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #11
uriel13
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: M3 & X5 3.0SD

i got air suspension and it's not optional for all X6...at least in Italy
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #12
branko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
This setting is located in the idrive menu, think under settings ->vehicle. It will show "gong" and you can raise and lower volume but only to a certain level, there is a preset minimum and maximum.
That is what I have seen somewhere, but couldn't find it on the X6, anyone found it ??
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 06:26 PM   #13
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:

I could not find this in my menu as I am quite annoyed by how loud the PDC is and almost wish I could just turn the thing off.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 07:22 PM   #14
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

when I get a chance I will go look up the exact click turn sequence,
unless someone else knows off the top of there head. it is in the manual (how I found it) and from what I read it has min/max limits so you can't turn it off.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 04:54 AM   #15
branko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It is in the manual (how I found it) and from what I read it has min/max limits so you can't turn it off.
Checked the whole manual of the X6 and couldn't find it

This although I found it in the X5 manual page 83, will check it again tonight..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 04:57 AM   #16
branko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmed View Post
I think if you go on iDrive i setting>Tone and if you see Equalizer it means you probably have one of the HIFI systems.
I do not have the Equalizer setting, although the invoice states HIFI (not the professional)

Amplifier is black, didn't see any specs on it.

Will check with another dealer this weekend..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 05:03 AM   #17
rockmed
Private
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
I do not have the Equalizer setting, although the invoice states HIFI (not the professional)

Amplifier is black, didn't see any specs on it.

Will check with another dealer this weekend..
I'm using the HIFI Professional system and can see Equalizer menu. This means you have the HIFI Loudspeaker system. This is further confirmed by uriel13's comments on black amp=HIFI Loudspeaker.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #18
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Checked the whole manual of the X6 and couldn't find it

This although I found it in the X5 manual page 83, will check it again tonight..
I have the premium sound pkg or the HiFi Professional and do not have the volume settings selection in my iDrive menu with the gong setting.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #19
branko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
I have the premium sound pkg or the HiFi Professional and do not have the volume settings selection in my iDrive menu with the gong setting.
As I just came home, I checked it and indeed the volume settings is not present, so it is only present on the X5.

Maybe this is an acknowledgement that the rearview is that bad, that they do not want to take any risk...

I'll ask the dealer if he knows how to change it... seems like a lot of people are desperate about the PDC sound..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #20
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As I just came home, I checked it and indeed the volume settings is not present, so it is only present on the X5.

Maybe this is an acknowledgement that the rearview is that bad, that they do not want to take any risk...

I'll ask the dealer if he knows how to change it... seems like a lot of people are desperate about the PDC sound..
well it's there in mine (was playing with it yesterday) and in the manual (will post page number when I get home tonight).

Perhaps someone that knows can ring in on difference between US models and models offered in other countries (wouldn't think there would be difference between diesel and non diesel models).
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 02:43 PM   #21
branko
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
well it's there in mine (was playing with it yesterday) and in the manual (will post page number when I get home tonight).
Can you scan the page and show it on the forum, my manual is not in English so it may be on a different page. Went through the whole manual without succes...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #22
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Can you scan the page and show it on the forum, my manual is not in English so it may be on a different page. Went through the whole manual without succes...
I will post the section it's in as scanning and posting from BMW manual would be infringement of some kind. there are pictures of it so will not be hard to find. Then again this option may not be available to you, if this doesn't get it you will have to visit your dealer.
Appreciate 0