XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

11-16-2021, 03:18 PM   #573
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Source of Hamilton's complaint about Max's manoeuvre?
I wasn't speaking of this particular incident, but more generally. I also didn't watch any interviews with Ham after so I have no idea what did or didn't say after Brazil.
Let's not forget, Ham also did a great job of taking out Albon a few times. These seemed more blatant to me, especially when you consider that him usurping Albon also displaced him on the podium.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61831.00
      11-16-2021, 03:18 PM   #574
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

I'm starting to think F87source works as a carpenter. And he's never used a hammer as a professional, and yet works full time.
Appreciate 1
F87source7367.00
      11-16-2021, 03:20 PM   #575
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
Quote:
Source of Hamilton's complaint about Max's manoeuvre?
I wasn't speaking of this particular incident, but more generally. I also didn't watch any interviews with Ham after so I have no idea what did or didn't say after Brazil.
Let's not forget, Ham also did a great job of taking out Albon a few times. These seemed more blatant to me, especially when you consider that him usurping Albon also displaced him on the podium.
What are you doing in the Brazil thread then? Go to the Silverstone thread and revive that thread with your opinion.

Post some facts and let's discuss. The fact you dislike Hamilton doesn't add to the conversation. Some data and facts might be worthwhile discussing.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 03:20 PM   #576
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
I'm starting to think F87source works as a carpenter. And he's never used a hammer as a professional, and yet works full time.
Very close lolol, actually I am a lumber jack, and I like to chop these nonsense talking points down.
________4163.50
minn1914078.00
      11-16-2021, 03:29 PM   #577
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
What are you doing in the Brazil thread then? Go to the Silverstone thread and revive that thread with your opinion.

Post some facts and let's discuss. The fact you dislike Hamilton doesn't add to the conversation. Some data and facts might be worthwhile discussing.
I don't dislike Ham though. I think he's a great driver and has taken the best car on the grid for a long time and proved he can drive it as consistently as anyone the results speak for themselves.
Appreciate 1
________4163.50
      11-16-2021, 03:30 PM   #578
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

The Silverstone incident and the Brazil incident are two completely different incomparable incidents. At least that's what max said in a post race interview. Can be heard at 12:10 or so into this video:

Appreciate 1
________4163.50
      11-16-2021, 03:35 PM   #579
________
________
Rep

Verstappen gets a black and white flag and his response is "yeah, perfect. Say hi."

There's a reason he's been touted as a bad driver. It's not that he can't drive. He is certainly one of the fastest.
Appreciate 2
3798j11668.00
minn1914078.00
      11-16-2021, 03:37 PM   #580
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
First off a red bull hater? LOL I was a huge red bull supporter or is admirer a better word because I don't really support teams per say, back in 2013 and prior when they mastered the exhaust blown diffusers, that was an incredible treat to watch, especially when they had renault tune the engine so it would always produce sufficent exhaust velocity even on down shifts. But now redbull has stagnated like crazy, so there is not much to admire at the moment - but we will see in 2022.

Next I am only defending mercedes because you constantly bombard them with baseless accusations.
Are you drunk mate ? Or what 5H1T are you smoking ?

Red Bull has stagnated ?!?!

From what I can see is that Red Bull and MAX are making that HAM 5H1TS in his car man ..
We , the world witnessed a decade of 'Unbeatable Mercedes dominance !!!

HAM P1 - BOT P2 in every single race . And sometimes even BOT the lapdog got the permission to win a race !

And where was the rest of the field ?
The rest of the field ran out of sight , somewhere behind the rainbow or they were lapped 2-3 times in the same race ..
Yeah , that was just fantastic to watch ..Isn't it mate ?

But something changed from last year , and a young driver in slower car was suddenly able to beat a 7-time world champ in his the fastest car of the decade ..
And suddenly we witnessed back some tension in a race..

That's why I'm saying : Please let us say : "GOD THANK YOU" !!!
For MAX and Red Bull , because after 7 long 5H1T boring seasons we finally can watch "A REAL RACE" again !!!

Honestly : F1 was nearly burried ,and burned to ashes ..
But in this season - F1 is more than ever "BACK ALIVE" !!!

PERIOD.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 11-16-2021 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61831.00
      11-16-2021, 03:48 PM   #581
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Are you drunk mate ? Or what 5H1T are you smoking ?

Red Bull has stagnated ?!?!

From what I can see is that Red Bull and MAX are making that HAM 5H1TS in his car man ..
We , the world witnessed a decade of 'Unbeatable Mercedes dominance !!!

HAM P1 - BOT P2 in every single race . And sometimes even BOT the lapdog got the permission to win a race !

And where was the rest of the field ?
The rest of the field ran out of sight , somewhere behind the rainbow or they were lapped 2-3 times in the same race ..
Yeah , that was just fantastic to to watch ..Isn't it mate ?

But something changed from last year , and a young driver in slower car was suddenly able to beat a 7-time world champ in his the fastest car of the decade ..
And suddenly we witnessed back some tension in a race..

That's why I'm saying : Please let us say : "GOD THANK YOU" !!!
For MAX and Red Bull , because after 7 long 5H1T boring seasons we finally can watch "A REAL RACE" again !!!

Honestly : F1 was nearly burried ,and burned to ashes ..
But in this season - F1 is more than ever "BACK ALIVE" !!!

PERIOD.
Why does everything you post read like word salad? Literally jumping from one point to another with little coherence between each topic. Right because that is a common trait of people who try to make stuff up to suit their narrative, they have to smash bits and pieces from everywhere to try and fit their view point because logical reasoning cannot follow.

1) Yes redbull has stagnated, in terms of car development they have been progressing just fine, but in terms of ground breaking developments there hasn't really been any. It has all really been mercedes.

2) You constantly insinuate mercedes has the fastest car this year, that isn't even true. The W11 was the fastest ever in formula 1 the w12 is not.

Now lets break this down:

1) Top speed, the w12 isn't consistently the fastest in a straight line out right, but relative to redbull it is faster. The reason why those other faster straight line cars cannot be compared is because they do not have the cornering speed to match, which is the next talking point.

2) What defines the fastest car in f1? Overall speed, which is straight line + cornering that is what defines a fast car in f1 (the 2019 ferrari was faster than the w11 on the same track in a straight line, but the w11 was over a second a lap faster around a track because it had much higher cornering speeds this is crucial to be a fast car in f1). If you analyze both top speed and cornerning speeds you can easily see the rb16b is the fastest car this year, its evident in the amount of race wins it has and how many laps it has lead. So your gas lightning attempt in making max look better than he really is by saying he is winning in a slower car is nonsensical. He is in the faster, more dominant car this year as evident by the laps led and wins taken. The w12 only has 1 advantage and that is top speed, which does not make a car the fastest in its class because speed is only 1 factor of the entire equation.

If you want to make the claim that top speed is everything then what does that tell you about Mercedes vs. ferrari when ferrari was cheating and had insane straight line speed?
minn1914078.00
yco5766.50
      11-16-2021, 03:51 PM   #582
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

In post # 575

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61831.00
      11-16-2021, 03:58 PM   #583
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
LOL... you're using Alonso as a source?
The biggest whiner crybaby of all time... ask Honda what they think of him
Of course they hate Alonso, he called the Honda THEN a GP2 engine.

Politically incorrect, YES. Was it a GP2 engine, YES.

Appreciate 2
M5Rick61831.00
      11-16-2021, 04:01 PM   #584
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
If you can proof to me that you can speak and read Nederlands ,then I'll post you my source and link .
Otherwise it isn't worth it, because I've just translated the text in short in English.
-Carry on .
Quote:
In post # 575
If your "fact" is only available in some abstract article that can only be found in one language, chances are it is not fact it is an opinion or narrative that happens to suit your own. Because facts are constant, they will be supported by cold hard data regardless of language.
minn1914078.00
      11-16-2021, 04:12 PM   #585
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

I really hope Max moves to mercedes in the future, then you better hold that same energy about mercedes then (aka max only wins because he is in the fastest car, mercedes is a cheat team therefore max is a dirty cheat, etc).

Who knows maybe if he does move to mercedes in the future George will destroy him, and don't forget George has a significantly better junior career compared to Max and he is probably one of the few drivers on the grid where you can definitively say he is insanely skilled (and it is the driver not the car responsible) because he dragged a williams into the points on multiple ocasions.
minn1914078.00
      11-16-2021, 04:15 PM   #586
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
I absolutely understand racing and there are times (plenty in the past) that Max has made very miscalculated, dumb, and immature moves. I see much less of that now and do not believe that is how I remember seeing it at Silverstone. He does have an unyielding, elbows out style, but I think that is partly because he knows if he doesn't drive like that and act first, HAM will do the exact same. At Monza, HAM squeezed him, hoping he'd run into the run-off area only to say he has to give up the spot to Ham because he gained an unfair place by cutting across.
Do you known anyone , who has done this with the Merc's for the past 7 years ?
Note : HAM was faster from 0-200 km/h ...

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 11-16-2021 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61831.00
      11-16-2021, 04:34 PM   #587
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I really hope Max moves to mercedes in the future, then you better hold that same energy about mercedes then (aka max only wins because he is in the fastest car, mercedes is a cheat team therefore max is a dirty cheat, etc).

Who knows maybe if he does move to mercedes in the future George will destroy him, and don't forget George has a significantly better junior career compared to Max and he is probably one of the few drivers on the grid where you can definitively say he is insanely skilled (and it is the driver not the car responsible) because he dragged a williams into the points on multiple ocasions.
Won't happen , never again mate .Toto has already fished twice after MAX .
But MAX wasn't agreed that he had to brake for HAM in his contract !

Marko was interessed very early in MAX . But the Wolf was even earlier ...
The Wolf called with Jos while MAX was only 16 YO...

And why it never will happen again => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1797658
Attached Images

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 11-16-2021 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61831.00
      11-16-2021, 04:42 PM   #588
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

And why it never will happen again => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1797658
Lewis is going to retire in a couple of years, then it'll likely be open waters. If red bull bungles 2022 regs then we will see.
minn1914078.00
      11-16-2021, 04:47 PM   #589
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF. E70

Quote:

Is junior constipated in that shot?
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 1
minn1914078.00
      11-16-2021, 04:52 PM   #590
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Lewis is going to retire in a couple of years, then it'll likely be open waters. If red bull bungles 2022 regs then we will see.
\

I'm a little bit surprised that you seem positive George will beat Max. It will be very interesting to watch for sure but it will be tight IMO with Max with the edge. In fact, I'm going to call now a bet between the two, IF they do become team mates and I'm taking Max.

For what it's worth, ALO called George a future WDC. What I'm really very interested in is how he will stack up to Ham next year.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2021, 04:55 PM   #591
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
\

I'm a little bit surprised that you seem positive George will beat Max. It will be very interesting to watch for sure but it will be tight IMO with Max with the edge. In fact, I'm going to call now a bet between the two, IF they do become team mates and I'm taking Max.

For what it's worth, ALO called George a future WDC. What I'm really very interested in is how he will stack up to Ham next year.
I'm not lol, I put two conditions - if max wins it's all the car keep that same energy, or maybe George wins then lol.

But then again I really don't know, max has never had a super good team mate that is WDC material, neither has George. But George's rookie career shows he is one of those fantastic drivers as well, and he put an absolute garbage car into the points many many times this season. He even out qualified Botha Mercs in the rain and almost beat max in a fricken Williams.
minn1914078.00
Autobacs1397.50
      11-16-2021, 05:22 PM   #592
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
If your "fact" is only available in some abstract article that can only be found in one language, chances are it is not fact it is an opinion or narrative that happens to suit your own. Because facts are constant, they will be supported by cold hard data regardless of language.
I wished that I could speak to you in my first language .
Your statements are an articulation from English grammar .
But actually you didn't proved anything ..You words are just your personal description how great HAM and Mercedes is .

Your choice of your grammar is actually a reflection from your defence for Mercedes and HAM .

Let me help you..
Grammar :
Your grammar is a system and structure of a language , usually taken as consisting of syntax and morphology (including inflections) and sometimes also phonology and semantics.

In other words : You can take MAX and Red Bull down easely by some of your words . But you will never stand a chance to take me down by the choice of your grammar .

At the latest :
Your so said supported cold hard data ?
I didn't see anything coming from 'YOUR side...Perhaps It's invisible or just some BS ?

Appreciate 1
M5Rick61831.00
      11-16-2021, 05:24 PM   #593
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
You should forget this . ASAP !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick61831.00
      11-16-2021, 05:25 PM   #594
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

George is the next true clear talent to look like he is going to equal Lewis and Max. He hasn't had the car to show it in F1, well only once and he did jump in it a wow on that occasion whilst his team made floundered but that is Bottas all over.

I've watched the in car footage of the turn 4 incident and its as clear as a sunny day that Max knew exactly what he was doing. He keeps the week almost straight until the Apex and only then starts to apply more lock and the car isn't understeering as he is doing it. He was running Lewis wide plain as day.

I'd expect that he will probably get a reprimand as they won't want to condone that type of driving as they have been so firm on track limits already. They could give more like 5 seconds but I'd find that unlikely as some in F1 want the spectacle of the racing, and lets face it we all do but it should be consistent and it isn't. Alonso gets punished for the slightest tap and others get incidents like this that don't even get full investigation.

There is a strong view that next year they will say the edge of the track is the edge everywhere no questions asked. Many other racing formula follows that and they are staggered that F1 drivers don't follow the same rule, so watch this space on that one.
Appreciate 3
3798j11668.00
minn1914078.00
F87source7367.00