XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
Rob_nGUYen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

"Issue Regarding Oil Level Reading" 09' X5

Hi everyone, basically the X5 is giving me some problems, the car from time to time states that the "oil level is below minimum," I've had the car no longer then 4 months and its been in the dealership for 1 month where there was a issue with the service engine light which they also found a problem with the car stating that the oil level is to high. So pretty much I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue, the first time it stayed in the dealership for a month I wasn’t really bothered by it but after that problems still kept on appearing regarding the oil level and now I’m getting frustrated where I might just use the lemon law on it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

There is a software update for the oil level issue. Mine kept saying it was overfull from day one. Had to wait a month and a half for the update to come out!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
BMWNA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_nGUYen View Post
Hi everyone, basically the X5 is giving me some problems, the car from time to time states that the "oil level is below minimum," I've had the car no longer then 4 months and its been in the dealership for 1 month where there was a issue with the service engine light which they also found a problem with the car stating that the oil level is to high. So pretty much I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue, the first time it stayed in the dealership for a month I wasn’t really bothered by it but after that problems still kept on appearing regarding the oil level and now I’m getting frustrated where I might just use the lemon law on it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob
I am with BMW of North America, LLC. Check your inbox for our offer of assistance.
      05-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #4
12'M3Freak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

I also have a 09 X5 with the same problem. Over filled from day one but the dealer also said they took out 2 quarts. Then the oil level started to flux and make the low oil message appear. The dealer had no idea really and had to wait to get a hold of BMW. The digital oil level is cool but BMW should still put a dip stick under the hood to back it up. End the end they did a software update. So we will see.
Appreciate 0