XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum
 
TireRack





Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-24-2008, 12:59 AM   #1
foofitr
SoCal beach bum
 
foofitr's Avatar
 
Drives: DINAN X6 xDrive 50i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Left Coast

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Computer Problem (SOS system failure) on my new X6

I only have 2,100 miles on my X6 xDrive50i, and I'm already in for my first service. While sitting in park, with the radio on, I opened the tailgate to load my snowboards. After closing the trunk, the radio went off and all the internal audio and bluetooth functions went with it. The car runs fine, and A/C and navigation still work, but AM/FM radio, Sirius Satellite, AUX, and Bluetooth all don't function. I have the SOS service, so I hit the button and spoke to their rep, she couldn't identify where my vehicle was (Part of the service), and told me there was nothinig they could do, I had to birng it in for repair. Unfortunately, no one in the service department at South Bay BMW has even worked on an X6, much less a SOS Sytem problem. Considering what I have spent and put into the car (I have every single extra and option available on this vehicle, including after market illuminated door sills & powder coated wheels), I am beyond frustrated. Any ideas?

Last edited by foofitr; 12-24-2008 at 01:02 AM. Reason: grammar
foofitr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-24-2008, 02:22 AM   #2
Deda
Major General
 
Deda's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 35d
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia

Posts: 6,513
iTrader: (0)

bmw service must repair you x6!
Deda is offline   Croatia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-24-2008, 05:24 AM   #3
archwerks
Captain
 
Drives: x6 3.5i VR
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: canada

Posts: 683
iTrader: (0)

As some of us are beginning to realize, we're the first run guinea pigs, doing volunteer work for the warranty dept. of BMW!
Otherwise known as the lemonaid club! Not xclusive to any one brand, Owners of any brand can join!
archwerks is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dmlgc's Avatar
 
Drives: X6M / 335D
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Gatos, CA

Posts: 1,828
iTrader: (0)

Sorry to here this , unfortunately you have to take it to the service guys , ya doesn't thrill me either. I don't have that much confidence that folks with knowledge of electronic circuits are being hired by the service dept.

I use to live in Hermosa (the strand near 16th), miss the beach but not LA.
__________________
“Racing is life, everything else is just waiting.”
Steve McQueen
dmlgc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 12:46 AM   #5
akraptor
Lieutenant
 
akraptor's Avatar
 
Drives: 35 D
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Romania

Posts: 452
iTrader: (0)

Don't worry, most of BMW services around the world never worked on the X6. So they need time to figure it out.
akraptor is offline   Romania
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
Deda
Major General
 
Deda's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 35d
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia

Posts: 6,513
iTrader: (0)

yes,thats true!
Deda is offline   Croatia
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #7
Puka
Private
 
Drives: BMW X6
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kosovo

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

I think u must have guarantee for your car and if something does not work they should replace the whole system with a new one, that would be a good solution.
Puka is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
shenard
Captain
 
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 796
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofitr View Post
I only have 2,100 miles on my X6 xDrive50i, and I'm already in for my first service. While sitting in park, with the radio on, I opened the tailgate to load my snowboards. After closing the trunk, the radio went off and all the internal audio and bluetooth functions went with it. The car runs fine, and A/C and navigation still work, but AM/FM radio, Sirius Satellite, AUX, and Bluetooth all don't function. I have the SOS service, so I hit the button and spoke to their rep, she couldn't identify where my vehicle was (Part of the service), and told me there was nothinig they could do, I had to birng it in for repair. Unfortunately, no one in the service department at South Bay BMW has even worked on an X6, much less a SOS Sytem problem. Considering what I have spent and put into the car (I have every single extra and option available on this vehicle, including after market illuminated door sills & powder coated wheels), I am beyond frustrated. Any ideas?
Don't worry. I may have to go thru the buyback process with mine which I am not looking forward to. Already had mine in service for 29 days since I owned it and they still can't fix my steering problem. I am going to have to contact BMW NA next step when I return from vacation.
shenard is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #9
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dmlgc's Avatar
 
Drives: X6M / 335D
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Gatos, CA

Posts: 1,828
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Don't worry. I may have to go thru the buyback process with mine which I am not looking forward to. Already had mine in service for 29 days since I owned it and they still can't fix my steering problem. I am going to have to contact BMW NA next step when I return from vacation.
Shenard ,
sorry to hear you troubles are still going on.

DM
__________________
“Racing is life, everything else is just waiting.”
Steve McQueen
dmlgc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #10
Deda
Major General
 
Deda's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6 35d
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia

Posts: 6,513
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Shenard ,
sorry to hear you troubles are still going on.

DM
+1! that sucks!
Deda is offline   Croatia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
computer, door sills, repair, sos, xdrive50i

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST