E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Not sure where to even begin with this headache

04-03-2024, 08:30 AM   #1
e92Diego
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Not sure where to even begin with this headache

Hello all, i've been dealing with some sort of oscillation while cruising on the highway at around 2.5-3k rmp. I'm really not too sure if it is a misfire or boost leak. for some background info the car has been tuned on mhd v10 stage 2+ with full bolt ons installed for about 8 months now. Full set of index 12 injectors installed about 4k miles ago. spark plugs changed out at 98k but this was done before the injector swap. i've ordered new spark plugs to change out next weekend hoping it's a simple fix after constant looking for what my issue could be. 104k miles are on the car currently. i've attached the log i got while experiencing the stuttering during a drive. I've been dealing with this issues for about 5 months now. I've gotten 2 vanos intake codes. i cleaned out both vanos solenoids and reinserted them. intake code popped back up but after clearing once more and resetting adaptations the code hasn't been back since. i've gotten 30ff for a boost leak around the intercooler which was also resolved with no codes since. despite old turbos with wastegate rattle, i can still build and hold boost which makes me want to rule out boost leak. with dsc off or on i also experience throttle closures. i've looked at my logs and they seem to correspond with boost going over the requested amount by .1-.3 psi. i've cleaned out the tmap sensor as i've seen this could sometimes fix what my issue is. it didn't however lol. i would greatly appreciate if anyone could take a look at these logs and give any input. thank you!

https://datazap.me/u/e92diego/log-17...og=0&data=3-20
this log follows the hwy cruise and experiencing these quick stutters. multiple timing corrections on all cylinders makes me think maybe misfire? would love a 2nd opinion on this. especially if anyone has any clue about these throttle closures

https://datazap.me/u/e92diego/log-17...7-20&solo=3-20
3-4 gear log on stage 0 tune as i was thinking maybe my issue was tune related. throttle closures also popping up.

if there's anything else i can provide please let me know i've seen a lot of people experiencing similiar problems with no clear fix just yet haha
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 12:05 PM   #2
Joe2ehusky300.
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92Diego View Post
Hello all, i've been dealing with some sort of oscillation while cruising on the highway at around 2.5-3k rmp. I'm really not too sure if it is a misfire or boost leak. for some background info the car has been tuned on mhd v10 stage 2+ with full bolt ons installed for about 8 months now. Full set of index 12 injectors installed about 4k miles ago. spark plugs changed out at 98k but this was done before the injector swap. i've ordered new spark plugs to change out next weekend hoping it's a simple fix after constant looking for what my issue could be. 104k miles are on the car currently. i've attached the log i got while experiencing the stuttering during a drive. I've been dealing with this issues for about 5 months now. I've gotten 2 vanos intake codes. i cleaned out both vanos solenoids and reinserted them. intake code popped back up but after clearing once more and resetting adaptations the code hasn't been back since. i've gotten 30ff for a boost leak around the intercooler which was also resolved with no codes since. despite old turbos with wastegate rattle, i can still build and hold boost which makes me want to rule out boost leak. with dsc off or on i also experience throttle closures. i've looked at my logs and they seem to correspond with boost going over the requested amount by .1-.3 psi. i've cleaned out the tmap sensor as i've seen this could sometimes fix what my issue is. it didn't however lol. i would greatly appreciate if anyone could take a look at these logs and give any input. thank [...]
Hey man, this literally seems like the exact same issue. I am currently having with my car from 2 to about 3.5 my car seems to have this weird stutter almost like the exhaust flap is opening and closing opening and closing and then once I hit 4000 RPMs the car runs perfectly fine holds boost and everything I have no codes no nothing I would love some input on this before I start replacing stuff to figure out what’s going on. cars full bolt on run map five autotune map in at all times and ever since I did a firmware update last week the car has been doing this ever since. I would love to know how to get a hold of somehow or someone that can point me in the right direction. Thanks
Appreciate 0