Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-31-2021, 11:33 AM   #23
Ropes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CS

Big fan of Silverstone. As far as the muffler looking like a droopy diaper butt the rattle can posted several posts up works great. I used it until I fitted a larger diffuser to fully hide the muffler.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 01:58 PM   #24
Heights Ag 06
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 Black Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickM View Post
I would love to hear your experience on moving from Porsche back to the M platform ?

I am still torn deciding between M3 or 991 and cannot make up my mind.
I had a 991.1 C2S PDK for about a year. The 911 was my dream car since I was a kid so it was an awesome experience to own one and I loved the car. For me, it was not a great fit as a daily (I’m in Houston) because I babied it so bad - wouldn’t drive it certain places, worried about mileage constantly, didn’t want to drive it in the rain. Basically, I turned into an old man (I’m 37) that pulled it out of the garage to wash it and put it back haha.

After constantly borrowing my wife’s car, she suggested I try a daily and a sports car (my wife is awesome). So, I traded the 911 (made some money on it actually) and got a Cayman Black Edition and older Lexus LX 570 as daily. Took only ~6 months for me to figure out taking care of 3 kids and 3 cars (I’m nuts about keeping cars clean and maintained) was way too much for me to handle. So, I’m back to one nice daily.

I can’t say enough good things about the 991 - it’s truly a phenomenal car and absolutely a sports car at its core, rather than a fast sedan that can do sports car things. If you can deal with it as a second car or don’t mind daily driving it, I would absolutely do it. I have no doubt I’ll be back in a 911 at some point - this just wasn’t the right time of life for that for me. Happy to have a longer conversation on the ins and outs of it if helpful.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 02:54 PM   #25
OneSickM
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heights Ag 06 View Post
I had a 991.1 C2S PDK for about a year. The 911 was my dream car since I was a kid so it was an awesome experience to own one and I loved the car. For me, it was not a great fit as a daily (I’m in Houston) because I babied it so bad - wouldn’t drive it certain places, worried about mileage constantly, didn’t want to drive it in the rain. Basically, I turned into an old man (I’m 37) that pulled it out of the garage to wash it and put it back haha.

After constantly borrowing my wife’s car, she suggested I try a daily and a sports car (my wife is awesome). So, I traded the 911 (made some money on it actually) and got a Cayman Black Edition and older Lexus LX 570 as daily. Took only ~6 months for me to figure out taking care of 3 kids and 3 cars (I’m nuts about keeping cars clean and maintained) was way too much for me to handle. So, I’m back to one nice daily.

I can’t say enough good things about the 991 - it’s truly a phenomenal car and absolutely a sports car at its core, rather than a fast sedan that can do sports car things. If you can deal with it as a second car or don’t mind daily driving it, I would absolutely do it. I have no doubt I’ll be back in a 911 at some point - this just wasn’t the right time of life for that for me. Happy to have a longer conversation on the ins and outs of it if helpful.
You literally made this harder for me. I do have a daily driver (Cayenne) so I don't mind 991 to be my second car for toy/occasional driving. However, I am afraid to also turn as what you turned (worry about driving it, keeping it clean..etc) and knowing myself I will definately be in same situation so that's why I am thinking to just get M3 instead to be less worried about it but again it will not be same experience I will have with 991 and that's the compromise.

From your post, I can tell if there is one car you would have for the rest of your life it will be the 911 (991)
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 10:55 AM   #26
jlee403
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I would try to find someone with a comp package exhaust on the forum willing to trade. I've seen a lot of them.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 12:51 PM   #27
Heights Ag 06
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee403 View Post
I would try to find someone with a comp package exhaust on the forum willing to trade. I've seen a lot of them.
Confused on this (probably because I'm new to the platform). The car has comp package, so it should have come with the comp package exhaust, right? To be clear on my end, the exhaust tips are black (looks like they came that way from the factory), but the muffler below is silver (the diaper looking part). Should mine have been black?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 01:02 PM   #28
Eurosonly
car addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post
Congratulations!!!

I used this.

Still perfect after 2 years

I'll take a picture tomorrow; looks Factory perfect
yup same!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 01:22 PM   #29
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Confused on this (probably because I'm new to the platform). The car has comp package, so it should have come with the comp package exhaust, right? To be clear on my end, the exhaust tips are black (looks like they came that way from the factory), but the muffler below is silver (the diaper looking part). Should mine have been black?
No what you have is correct for Comp Pack.
Black tips and silver muffler.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 01:30 PM   #30
Heights Ag 06
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
No what you have is correct for Comp Pack.
Black tips and silver muffler.
Got it. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 02:32 PM   #31
GarlicBread
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer07 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer07 View Post
What was the price of the car if you dont mind me asking
I believe the dealership was originally asking $62, but I paid a good bit less.
Are m3 generally more expensive than m4s?
M3s tend to sell for slightly higher in used market currently.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 01:49 AM   #32
Flynthroughf82
Rep
Drives: BMW f82

Love the spec. Enjoy the car
Appreciate 0