Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > help with my stock oem run flats....

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-16-2015, 09:02 PM   #1
miker2013
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi 6mt Msport coupe

help with my stock oem run flats....

ok here is the deal, need a little advice...

not looking to get into a pro vs con on run flats as that has been done many times

i bot my vehicle new in 2013 with stock run flats, sure they were rough over bumps and stuff but they were smooth under normal conditions and the steering wheel was smooth and no vibration thru it at all, i was very happy as i am sensitive to vibrations thru the wheel

anyway, i have had my wheels n tires balanced and aligned a few times since i bot the car, never had any issues

so anyway, got my summers put on in the spring and now am noticing crazy road noise and droning noise, feels like every wheel is out of round and out of balance even tho i have had it into the dealer and it was road force balanced and aligned

car drives straight as an arrow but there is a low grade vibration thru the steering wheel, the noise is crazy almost embarrassing... even at low speeds, the car feels totally out of whack

so i have a few questions... i asked the dealer to check the wheels were completely round and balanced and they said they were, no dents in the wheels and no bubbles on the tires

so how many miles does it take for a run flat to go bad? my tires have around 10,000 miles on them, they are a staggered setup and chopped a bit on the front tires but not that bad

how long does it take for a run flat to go bad and harsh?

second if there was something bent in the suspension wouldn't the vehicle necesarily pull to one side?

also, the vibrations are exactly the same whether i drive at 60 mph or 100 mph, same droning vibrations and noise

finally, why do my wheels have HUGE balance weights on every wheel? does that mean there is something wrong with the wheel or tires? when the car was new the balance weights were tiny, why are they so big now?

any help would be appreciated... i don't know what to do i guess i have to get a new set of tires but if i do, i am scared that it won't fix the problem

anywhere else i should look?

thanks
Appreciate 0