XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum
 
TireRack





Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
82chilam
New Member
 
Drives: 2009
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

x6 50i ESS Chip or Activeautowerke chip ??

I am looking to chip my 50i.

I did some research. can't find lots of review for both chip.

Any idea which one should i go for?

82chilam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
tk6532
Registered
 
Drives: x6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 50I

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...&highlight=ess
this is ess and dinna .
tk6532 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #3
RaTeD ///M
Private
 
Drives: 2K12 X5M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK

Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

You should take a look at Velos their seeing gains from 90awhp & 130tq gains.
__________________
Carbon Black X5M Velos Stage 1 Tune, Stage 2 coming soon.....
09 Alpha 12 GTR AMS 4.4 Stroked TSM tuned.....
RaTeD ///M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
Brigadier General
 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,307
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTeD ///M View Post
You should take a look at Velos their seeing gains from 90awhp & 130tq gains.
Our level 1.5 tune is the highest I have seen without any other modifications done to the vehicle.

__________________
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
RaTeD ///M
Private
 
Drives: 2K12 X5M
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK

Posts: 58
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Our level 1.5 tune is the highest I have seen without any other modifications done to the vehicle.

That may be so but don't you guys dyno in RWD because that's what it says on your website! With that being said OF COURSE your numbers would be higher opposed to AWD dyno numbers. It would be a better comparison to compare apples to apples. Additionally, what is considered a Stage 1.5.....because if it has anything more than a flash then of course I would expect higher numbers due to more mods.

Personally I don't get caught up dyno numbers because real power is reflected in TRAP speed or MPH. You can manipulate the dyno anyway you want to get big numbers but if it doesn't have the MPH to back it up then its all misleading.

So is there any AA tune only pump gas ecu flash in the 11s on oem rims and tires with full interior? If so, what is the MPH?
__________________
Carbon Black X5M Velos Stage 1 Tune, Stage 2 coming soon.....
09 Alpha 12 GTR AMS 4.4 Stroked TSM tuned.....
RaTeD ///M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
jtalisman
2013 X6, 2009 Z4 3.5i, 2007 X3
 
Drives: 2013 X6 5.0
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Burger tuning just put out theirs. You canm get up to 25hp and 40tq to the wheels.

http://www.burgertuning.com/N63_Jb_B...nce_Tuner.html
jtalisman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #7
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
Brigadier General
 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,307
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTeD ///M View Post
That may be so but don't you guys dyno in RWD because that's what it says on your website! With that being said OF COURSE your numbers would be higher opposed to AWD dyno numbers. It would be a better comparison to compare apples to apples. Additionally, what is considered a Stage 1.5.....because if it has anything more than a flash then of course I would expect higher numbers due to more mods.

Personally I don't get caught up dyno numbers because real power is reflected in TRAP speed or MPH. You can manipulate the dyno anyway you want to get big numbers but if it doesn't have the MPH to back it up then its all misleading.

So is there any AA tune only pump gas ecu flash in the 11s on oem rims and tires with full interior? If so, what is the MPH?
Fyi this thread is for the Non M...

No this was dynoed in 4wd at the same place the "other" shop took theirs to.

1.5 is just a term I used to differentiate our low boost tune from our regular tune. No other modifications were done on this vehicle.

Additionally the owner of the shop performed the runs for us as we watched.
__________________

Last edited by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke; 01-24-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
82chilam
New Member
 
Drives: 2009
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Oh. I used to have their JB4 tune for N54 engine. Their N54 tune is awesome.
But for N63 their output way less then the others tunes.

I know it cost a lot cheaper. But i want some real hp and tq....
82chilam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #9
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
Brigadier General
 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,307
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82chilam View Post
Oh. I used to have their JB4 tune for N54 engine. Their N54 tune is awesome.
But for N63 their output way less then the others tunes.

I know it cost a lot cheaper. But i want some real hp and tq....
Look no further
__________________
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #10
dk79
Private
 
Drives: 335i xdrive coupe, 535xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: sioux falls, sd

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

ess tune on my x6 50i

ess n63 tune is great. i believe the rated hp gains are correct as my best 0 to 60 time has cut down from 5.2 sec to 4.4 sec and 1/4 mile from 13.6 to 12.9, can do better with paddle shifting.
dk79 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #11
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke
Brigadier General
 
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435I M-sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami Fl

Posts: 3,307
iTrader: (5)

We are having 10% off all software for the month of February.
__________________
Andrew@ActiveAutowerke is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #12
biglare
Brigadier General
 
biglare's Avatar
 
Drives: ?
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ?

Posts: 3,040
iTrader: (3)

ESS all the way!

__________________
biglare is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #13
JR M3
Member
 
JR M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Miami

Posts: 231
iTrader: (0)

AA is the only way to go

I have only their products on my M3 and will never switch to another tuner ever. They have been so helpful with every purchase i have made and their customer service is top notch. Big kudos to Andrew and Viral. With that being said, look no further than AA
JR M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST