View Single Post
      07-20-2008, 05:51 AM   #18
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
wow.....selling out , then u should leave right away , one fella said that if X6 M then its too AMG....well umm thats just the point , they should DO what Merc does , because like it or not Mercedes is always one step ahead...you can chose whatever u want there , I wanna regular R..or AMG R...same for every other model and thats just fine with me , thats the way it should be
Tell me why BMW didn't make a X5 M already. Merc had a ML AMG with the last generation ML. BMW didn't give a crap. Because they refuse to dilute the "M" brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
BMW sold out the M badge a long time ago. It started with the M5/6, cars that never would see a track.

Even the M3 has lost its way. It is now a consumer flashy road car. Totally lost its light weight to horsepower, wagon, sedans, convertibles and gadget wars.

M means marketing now.

I think 90% of the people driving M's are regular consumers who really don't know much about their purchase, just that it is fast and expensive.

I think the M coupe and the 135 are the closest thing to what M used to be.
Hence the bolded part in my original statement:

"If they put a M badge on a X5 or X6. Thats it I am done 100%. They will have gone way overboard with "selling out". It is already getting out of hand.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
Very,very well said! Thanks. PalBay
Not really. He justed stated BMW should follow what ever Merc does.

That would not be the best decision.

There is a reason "M" cars are held in such high regard in the automotive industry.

Yes there will be a performance version of the X5 and X6. No they will not have a "M" badge on them.
Appreciate 0