View Single Post
      08-05-2022, 05:04 PM   #80
blue9mustang
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 335i, 00 740iL, 09 x5 35d

Glad I found this post!! I'm about embark on this for my e70 35d. I've read through this whole thread multiple times but still have some questions (still going to re-read it a few more times lol). I've been sitting on an ACC SZL for a while, and ready to make this happen. Bought it originally for my e92 to do ACC $541, but would much rather have ACC $5DF on my new to me x5

It's a non-LCI 2009 e70 35d US spec.
VIN: 5UXFF03519LJ95391 build date: 2008/11

I followed along for the most part, but there is a lot of discovery/trial and error posts as members were figuring out their retrofit along the way. Also, most seem to be LCI, so I am curious:

1.) Will I need to swap to the later DSC with ACC function?
The early post from dumitru.o regarding his non-lci e70 diesel successful retrofit, seems to suggest that it was not needed. I recognize that the later DSC with ACC function have extra brake pressure sensors, and I see that all the LCI guys needed it to complete their retrofit.

I understand that I already have SA544(cruise with brake function) and will not need to replace the KOMBI and should have 34516865025 for my current DSC. Since the ACC stop and go has been available before my car's build date, I would guess there's a chance, but understand too if I need to get the updated DSC.

2.) Will non-LCI require replacement of the junction box and footwell module to JBBF3R and FRM3R?
I also have old CCC system, never considered CIC retrofit because I just added an android unit and screen. Can CCC be coded for $5DF, is it even required to code the CCC?

Once my new account limitations have subsided I plan to message dumitru.o, hope he has access to stuff at a better rate than current ebay offerings. Any help clearing up my confusion of DSC for non-LCI cars would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
blue9mustang@yahoo.com
Appreciate 0