12-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #18
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
I think a lot of the cabin noise is due to the 20" performance run flats. The Lexus and ML come standard with high profile truck tires.

However, I was surprised at the cabin noise when on the highway with concrete roads.

Funny thing is when I run across an asphalt highway it is dead quiet. So I believe there is some resonation from the tires.

Keep in mind, my 330 vert, and 645ci coupe were noiser on the highway than the X6 and they road much rougher.
Chuck has a good point here. The stiffer sidewalls on the RFTs make a big difference, combine that with low profile sport tires and you will get more road noise transferred into the cabin. The question to those with cabin noise issues, does the noise level or noise type change (traveling at the same speed) when the road surface changes?
Also, what type of tires (including rim size and style) do you currently have on your ride?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0