View Single Post
      08-02-2014, 10:00 PM   #11
XMMMMM
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Delivery of the Stealthmod came early in the week and i undertook installation Thursday night. I planned on installing the entire system but soon realized time would not allow at my skill level. I limited the install to the sub, amp and summing device leaving the front door tweeters and respective crossovers for another day. (Note: I urge those upgrading to purchase a harness adapter to save time and retain OEM wiring).

I am happy to report the additional 700 watts, cleansweep and sub by JL have already made a remarkable improvement! Superb tuning cababilities and clean power along with distributing same are key! The under-seat subs behave much better while the new single sub delivers where needed. (Note: One could easily build a nice custom cabinet if you do not have a spare tire with a larger sub). I feel the pre-configured JL is well balanced.

While very pleased as is, I cannot wait to see how the JL silk tweeters will play-out. I continue to contemplate improving front door mids and center in-dash since I will have the doors open anyway to accommodate the crossover install. On the other hand, JL must have confidence in their crossover combined with OEM enhanced premium mids to only offer tweeters.

The Stealthmod happens to nicely fit my particular circumstances. I recommend this to those wanting more from their OEM enhanced premium sound but I am also quite certain a custom system would do same, or even more, for less $. Will report back soon!
Appreciate 0