View Single Post
      01-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #16
XBMW6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 740Li 2021 M850i

Obviously, this seems to be a common problem. I have 2010 50i and I noticed rattle noises coming from the passenger side since the first day, however, I couldn't tell exactly where is it coming from. To be exact, it sounded like two different rattle noises. I suspected it's either the center console or the passenger seat. When I have someone sitting on the passenger seat, the rattling disappears. So apparently it's someting loose within the seat. I gonna have the dealer check it on my next visit. What's sad is that such quality issues shouldn't be so apparent in such premium vehicles, especially from BMW.

Regarding the iDrive, I don't wanna sound discouraging regarding your choice, but the new generation system is miles ahead of the previous one in terms of functionality, speed and ease of use. Even the camera has higher resolution campare to the previous one. I used both and I can tell difference. I'm not sure if there's a way to enhance the speed, unless they have an improved software version that can fix that.
Appreciate 0