JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
Just talked to a friend who works for Bavaria Motors, official Bimmer dealer in Romania.

He said that a 35d will only get me 3 seconds less in acceleration on highway (vs. 30d) but more torque and grunt when needing an abrupt passing on curves. To me, which I am still driving the Mazda 6 2 liter 120 HP, the past weekend experience with driving the Touareg of 225 HP, was a revelation, sort of. .that at 225 HP you cannot feel the speed at 120 MPH. .but maybe I cannot feel it anymore, doesn't mather the cage, because I am also a biker, and ride a Yamaha Roadstar Warrior and a Suzuki GSXR 750. So,if I decide to order a 30d, I must wait 3-4 months, if I want to order a 35d, I have to wait till 2009.. I might save some gas money if I get the 30d, but if I need 3 years to clear that (as Peter from Slovakia said on the MPG topic) dunno. . . But since diesel is more expensive in Romania than gas, as in other EU countries, I wonder if it's worth the money. . even though there's a 3-5 liter saving on the diesel. . I got too used to the Mazda. .700 miles authonomy on a full tank. .and also drive a Smart. .and it's so much fun. .so please help me make up my mind. . it should be a 30d or a 35d. .or a 35 i?!? I only plan to use the X6 on weekends out of city, and at night, around town. .for the HP inside. . Bumper to bumper will happen, in daylight, but I hate humiliating the X6 performance capability with the miserable daylight urban driving. .
You do NOT need the diesel, you are not doing anyway near enough miles to cover extra cost, buy the 35i, and you will enjoy it every bit as much.
Appreciate 0