07-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #7
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeTo_H View Post
I would say again 35i, as you will not drive it a lot as you write, so really the price difference of both models will be cleared after 80.000 km or so as calculated on the bases of prices in Slovakia:
35i starts at 59.100 Euro
30d starts at 57.950 Euro
35d starts at 61.650 Euro

Now, 30d is a good engine, but if you just love to go fast, well, then every HP is needed So from the diesels 35d has the point for you. But as you talk about the way you will be using it, ans when you look at the prices and waitlist, then all of a sudden 35i makes sense the most And I need to mention, that the sound of 35i would be way better than of 35d. I have heard both engines, and regarding sound I can just say that petrol is petrol, diesel would always be a tractor-like sounding engine...
If I were you, 35i. Definitely.
I agree with you. But the sound from the 3.5d when you drive away is real nice, dont sound like a diesel... Well...when you stand still it does ... I have not drive the 35i but im sure its pretty nice And as you say, there is no money to save if you dont drive much.
Here in Sweden diesel is getting more expensive than the gas! So yes test drive the 35i.
But the tractor yhing...hmm
Appreciate 0