07-11-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Daniel B
X6 Driver
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by akraptor View Post
Just talked to a friend who works for Bavaria Motors, official Bimmer dealer in Romania.

He said that a 35d will only get me 3 seconds less in acceleration on highway (vs. 30d) but more torque and grunt when needing an abrupt passing on curves. To me, which I am still driving the Mazda 6 2 liter 120 HP, the past weekend experience with driving the Touareg of 225 HP, was a revelation, sort of. .that at 225 HP you cannot feel the speed at 120 MPH. .but maybe I cannot feel it anymore, doesn't mather the cage, because I am also a biker, and ride a Yamaha Roadstar Warrior and a Suzuki GSXR 750. So,if I decide to order a 30d, I must wait 3-4 months, if I want to order a 35d, I have to wait till 2009.. I might save some gas money if I get the 30d, but if I need 3 years to clear that (as Peter from Slovakia said on the MPG topic) dunno. . . But since diesel is more expensive in Romania than gas, as in other EU countries, I wonder if it's worth the money. . even though there's a 3-5 liter saving on the diesel. . I got too used to the Mazda. .700 miles authonomy on a full tank. .and also drive a Smart. .and it's so much fun. .so please help me make up my mind. . it should be a 30d or a 35d. .or a 35 i?!? I only plan to use the X6 on weekends out of city, and at night, around town. .for the HP inside. . Bumper to bumper will happen, in daylight, but I hate humiliating the X6 performance capability with the miserable daylight urban driving. .
Dont know about the 3.0d but i got an 3.5d and i just love the engine!
I had an x5 4,4 -05 before my x6 but the 3.5d is more powerful than the v8!
I would wait for the 3.5, you will not regret it!
The feeling when the twin turbo push that powerful diesel horses is so nice!
Appreciate 0