View Single Post
      12-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

^^ It took about 5 hours including coding. The majority of it was spent struggling to get lower bracket that supports the headlight out. Its held on by two 8 mm bolts at the top (removable from the engine bay), but the lower bolt which bolts to the headlight is only removable after removing the fender liner. After removing those, there are a couple other bolts holding the bracket, and then you have have to slide the bracket down and out, except there almost isn't enough space to do this.

Once you get the bracket out, its four bolts holding the headlight, and it comes out easily.

For coding, I used WinKFP to write the VIN to the new FRM. Then I used NCSExpert in expert profile mode to write the FA (FA write) to the FRM. Then I coded it with SG coderien to default the module.

Then I coded it using my editing profile that allows for manipulation, and I changed the order date to #0411 and coded the FRM. I also coded things like foglights on with high beams, and high beam flash, double blink etc