View Single Post
      02-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
KrisHorton
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M and E60 M5

Just got the tune installed and went for a drive. I love it! I admit the entire drive I was trying to overcome my mental/butt dyno, but the change is so drastic that I couldn't help but be stoked at how the car performs and drives now. It's such a nice change.

Where the car sometimes felt a bit laggy or wimpy (X5M/X6M owners will understand) in certain parts of the RPM band, the car now feels awake and more powerful.

Just driving around in D with M-mode on, the car feels torquier and the throttle response seems to be much improved both from a dead stop and when rolling into the throttle while driving.

In S the car is a beast. It seems more brutal than before and I love it. It just feels a bit more explosive than on the stock tune (pardon all the buzzwords) and just seems altogether more aggressive. I'm looking forward to putting some normal driving miles on the car with the new tune as that'll be the real test. Naturally my test drive was a lot of stomp & steer which was amazing, but I'm excited to see how this changes the X5M on a day to day basis. I'm curious if the MPG is actually going to improve like some have said. It seems with this new-found power both my fiancee and I will be driving much more "spiritedly" than before, but we'll see if MPG improves lol.

Anyway, I can't express how pleased I am with the new feel of our X5M. Many thanks to the guys at Velos Designwerks and thanks also for the excellent customer service!
Appreciate 0