First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Garage List
2012 BMW X6 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybervinn View Post
How did the dealership know your car was ESS-tuned? Was it towed to the dealership with the tune (due to battery issue?) Or did they find it even when you de-tuned it for the dealership visit? I had considered the keyhole cover mod myself for security issues but realized I wouldn't be able to open the vehicle had my battery ever died so I didn't do it. And it so happens this winter (2 months ago) I got the Increased Battery Discharge issue too. Luckily the battery never completely die on me but it did die when the dealership had it to work on. They wouldve had to drill the cover if I had done the key cover mod. After the battery got replaced I haven't had any issue so far.

Sorry to hear about your on-going troubles. Good luck and hope you get resolution soon.
They didn't tow it with the problem I actually dropped it off. I've had the same SA for the last 10 years and thought I had a good relation with him and the GM but apparently that's faded away like a failed marriage. I'll definitely be loading stock maps for every service appointment from now on.

Well there is hope at the end of the tunnel. My car is in the process of getting a new battery and they're also fixing the keyhole that was screwed up from the first dealership I took it to. I explained carefully what was going on and they took care of me without question, Beverly Hills BMW servicing FTW. My car will be ready by Monday - I'll update everyone on how she's running.
Appreciate 0