View Single Post
      12-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #47
dunderhi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycd View Post
I did switch between summer runflats RFT to conti's all season non-RFT on a 335i a few years back, and it was a night and day difference. The conti's feel was terrible in that car, you could feel a difference every day, no need to go on a track. I went back to the runflats summer after a couple of thousand miles and never looked back. Granted it's not the same car, but the difference in tire feel was very noticeable, so with the higher power X5 I'm pretty sure it will be noticeable as well. I was also reading similar good reviews on the 3er forums about the conti's back then, but after this bad experience I'm now very skeptical of these types of reviews, and will stick with summer tires (RFTs if the car came with it) unless weather absolutely requires something else.
I did the same switch on my 335d Sport and had the opposite conclusion, the All-Season Conti DWS handling was much better than the RFTs. After 30kmi I still happy with the DWS on my 335d.

I plan to swap the stock Bridgestone RFTs on my X5M with the Conti DWS. As per Tirerack, the DWS is actually in a higher performance category than the Bridgestones.
Appreciate 0